Fox Business Added

Given my situation, my best guess is that, despite Dish's denials, the situation IS as Scott reported, and that HD only customers WERE supposed to get the channel(s) with the initial rollout, but some glitch has prevented that for a large number of subs, and I had some sort of perfect situation where the glitch didn't impact me.

There are some other posts around here about folks switching from Classic + HD add-on to TurboHD and still viewing FNC HD. Hmm.
Given my situation, my best guess is that, despite Dish's denials, the situation IS as Scott reported, and that HD only customers WERE supposed to get the channel(s) with the initial rollout, but some glitch has prevented that for a large number of subs, and I had some sort of perfect situation where the glitch didn't impact me.
:up That does coincide with most of the evidence.

Last edited:
I know Dish isn't exactly known for being the most intelligent business around here, but the line Dish is giving about "wait and see" on adding FNC to the HD only packages doesn't make any business sense at all, for multiple reasons, especially given the timing (this is the first major HD channel to come online since existing subs were told they were allowed to go HD only)

And as horrific as Dish is about getting updates to their pages, I have a really hard time believing that Fox News HD would have made it onto the Turbo package lists if that wasn't their original plan.

Regardless of what is actually happening, and what Dish will ever cop to, I feel pretty comfortable that HD only subscribers will see FNC HD sooner rather than later.

I have the FoxNews SD channel, and no FoxBusiness SD. Nor do I have the FoxNews HD channel. Sounds like I'll be waiting a while. I'll have whatever they're having down in Littleton.

I have Fox Buisness HD and Fox News SD no HD with Turbo Gold HD package on my 722 but I don't have either on my 222k

Just found this thread today. I have a 622 that is getting 9477 and a 722 that is NOT getting 9477--both hooked up to the same dish. I have the Turbo HD Silver package.

My question is why would you subscribe to an hdonly package when they dont even offer all the channels in hd yet? And yet another question why would they bother releasing an hd only package if all channels are not hd yet? They should have waited longer would have helped with some of the confusion...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)