FOX-ED: MLB: All-Star Game (LIVE) SD 480i, WideScreen 480p, HD 720P? 8pm Tonight

After a great ESPN HD Home Run Derby you'd think that Fox would not want to be made to look bad. However, if they don't really care we'll find out tonight. At present Fox is not even on my VOOM favorites list.

The official word apparently is if your station showed ID4 a few years ago (they have an encoder) then you'll get it. This includes NY and DC. Having a splicer doesn't matter. There's no reason for a station to use an encoder with Fox's splicer setup. So it's unlikely people in non top 10 markets will get 720p.

Louisville as usual won't have it. FOX here never shows anything in HD, not even their LOL Sunday lineup.

Oh well, I'm at work anyway.

Well not H in NYC more like 480p WS but it really looks bad... This stadium has bad lighting Jeanne Zelasko -- I can't stand her.

Yes, it's awful. It's widescreen, which may actually be making it worse. Everything in Lubbock is upconverted to 720p by local affiliate, so I don't know whose responsible.

OH MY GOD!! This guy throws like a girl. I don't care that he won, his buddies should beat his ass.

My local affiliate upconverts everything to 720p, widescreen is usually 480p ->720p and looks better than this. could this be 720p->480i widescreen ->720p???? or is it the lighting thats really messing this up? I know it gave espn trouble last night.

My close-up shots look pretty good. Almost like 720p. The field shots are awful. I think the HD equipment in Atlanta is getting dusty too or they forgot to put the order in for enough hd cameras. Glad I didn't make a special effort to watch it.

On to Overhaulin' if I have to watch SD programming.

LMAO!!! :D

I would love for ESPN to get it but since it's barely available I wish them gret luck and to give us a great upset...

Go Alfonso.... Houston gets a consolation price... At least Alfonso is in Texas. American League --- Home Field in WS (not that it means much). Rocket left the fuel home.

In Clemens's defense, one of those flies to right should have been caught and the Kent error were big. I absolutely loathe Clemens, so I'm just crying crocodile tears here..

New channels rumors...

7/12 Encore HD Movies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)