FOX is always in 1/2 HD...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Heck I can't believe that if the majority of their competitors in your market are HD why the aren't!!!

EDIT: RUTROH!

MyFox Springfield | HDTV Information

http://media.myfoxspringfield.com/pdf/WRSP-WCCU_(TV-DT)Combined.pdf

Seems they are up to date. Some questions sure need t be asked between the affiliate and DirecTV; each will likely blame the other; but my experience is that the DBS provider will pass along what they get 99% of the time.

Thank you for looking that info up for me! So this means that they are broadcasting in HD, but only on certain providers (such as Comcast Cable)?

Now that is the $100M question. I honestly do not think they can do that, but at least now we know they DO broadcast the HD and according to DirecTV's website they pass it along. Now you have to figure out why its not happening at all or if its just your settings; and seeing how you seem like you know what is what and your other affiliates are working fine; it must be at the affiliate level or something between them & DirecTV.

Thank you for looking that info up for me! So this means that they are broadcasting in HD, but only on certain providers (such as Comcast Cable)?

Directv has only been carrying them in HD for a few weeks: DIRECTV HD Local Channels and RSNs. Perhaps there have been some startup issues. There is also a thread about this problem on DBStalk, so you are not alone in noticing this. Have you tried OTA?

There you go; thanks Bob. Now he can stop pulling his hair out thinking it was maybe his setup or something! Nice; users helping users!

djbarci is not alone with the Fox 55 HD issue. I live outside Champaign and swore Fox was in HD when we first got HD locals a couple of weeks ago but I noitced that last night's and today's NLCS games weren't in HD over the satellite. The games were in HD via OTA.
Is this a local station issue or a DirecTV issue?

:: sigh of relief :: Ya...I was gonna say...all my settings are good, it's just this local affiliate that is being goofy since we got local HD's.

Thank you to all for your input as it is a relief in knowing its not just my tv's!

djbarci is not alone with the Fox 55 HD issue. I live outside Champaign and swore Fox was in HD when we first got HD locals a couple of weeks ago but I noitced that last night's and today's NLCS games weren't in HD over the satellite. The games were in HD via OTA.
Is this a local station issue or a DirecTV issue?

I might be a problem at Directv's local receiving facility (LRF). You probably need to contact D*, but I wouldn't expect a CSR to know anything about it.

Bob,
I think I would start at the local affiliate, talk with the Chief engineer and let him know what you are seeing thru the D* rec. and let him contact D*, I'm sure that they want the signal the way it's suppose to be.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts