FOX Movie Channel/FXM in HD

bradfordj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2009
CA
Just saw a commercial for FXM/Fox Movie Channel in HD. FX Movies and Fox Movie Channel are the same channel available only in SD on 133. With the recent removal of AMC, it would be nice to see Dish add this channel in HD or at least in 16x9 like they do the other Fox SD stations. I'd rather see this than duplicate AXS channels.

Will it be seen in Postage stamp hd? Every time I turn this channel on in SD ,they have black bars on at least two sides and sometimes all 4 and you end up watching a very small postage stamp size screen .

Yes, I guess the question is will the content actually be HD? In general, I certainly want any channel that is available in HD to be carried in HD. But if the content is rarely HD may not be as important.

You guys ever heard of the aspect button on your remotes? Every TV and most HD satellite receivers have them. Look ma, no window box! :)

Yes, I have used the aspect button , and it often makes the picture look worse. Less definition as the picture is zoomed. I dropped top 250 after the last price hike ,because I realized that this channel was useless to me in its present form. I don't know how much better it would be if it was in HD. Especially if they insist on black bars to "preserve" the original aspect ratio the director intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts