FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Another that just doesn't get humor.If I say it is meant in endearment than maybe that is based on something???????

It is a term used by Bill Murray and people use it as he did on Saturday Night Live, while rubbing the head of someone with the knuckles. Never in anger or in any other way than friendly.
http://www.billmurraystory.com/2014/working-bill-murray-pizza-joint/

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/77/77dcontest.phtml

http://www.who2.com/blog/2012/08/signs-of-bill-murray

That's what Richie Incognito said. http://nesn.com/2013/11/richie-inco...ts-to-hug-jonathan-martin-in-interview-video/

And yes, I get humor. But what people don't understand is the joke has to universal, not one sided. To come back and say that is an endearing term comes across as insincere.

Your point is that you're wrong?

No, it wasn't.

(Have you been to Russia?)

Yes, and a quick google will tell you otherwise.

I was actually in Mexico during the games and let's just say the media was just as embarrassing for America as it was for Russia.

You should have called up in 2010 and asked for a credit then, not four years later!

Now I will ask for credit for the AMC blackout that happened two years ago! :)
One minor difference, AMC came back, MSG has not. The complaint is that MSG is not offered and they still are paying the same rates as others who get their local sports channel(s). AMC was a temporary loss.

article said:
Asked, as Dish claims, if other Fox properties, beyond FNC and FBN, were brought into the discussions, Carry replied: “We have a structure that we follow. It’s how we’ve done deals with other operators over the past five years.”
There you have it. Fox is leveraging FNC and FBN to get better deals for their fluff channels.

So hes saying that DISH took the channels down 9 minute early.

Looks at this point that they are not even talking.

I think the bigger deal is not the amount of time. It's that he is claiming Dish took down the channels and then told everyone Fox did. You're probably right though. They probably would have required that Dish take them down at midnight anyways.

I think the bigger deal is not the amount of time. It's that he is claiming Dish took down the channels and then told everyone Fox did. You're probably right though. They probably would have required that Dish take them down at midnight anyways.
If they were still talking, an extension could have been possible.

If they were still talking, an extension could have been possible.

Agreed but we really have no way of knowing which side chose to end the discussions. I could see either side doing that to try to tip the negotiations in their favor.

Edit: To add to this, I don't think it matters which side walked away and let the channel officially go dark. Like I said yesterday, these negotiations are a two sided argument. If a deal can't be made to keep the channels on the air both sides are at least partially responsible.

There you have it. Fox is leveraging FNC and FBN to get better deals for their fluff channels.

Newsflash! CBS is leveraging its owned stations to get rid of the Hopper skipping commercials.
Newflash! AMC is leveraging its lawsuit against Dish to get Dish to carry AMC and its other channels.
Newsflash! Turner Broadcasting is leveraging TBS and TNT to get better deal for its other CNN, TruTv, and TCM channels.

Welcome to the Real World.

Newsflash! CBS is leveraging its owned stations to get rid of the Hopper skipping commercials.
Newflash! AMC is leveraging its lawsuit against Dish to get Dish to carry AMC and its other channels.
Newsflash! Turner Broadcasting is leveraging TBS and TNT to get better deal for its other CNN, TruTv, and TCM channels.

So... why are you angry at Dish then if you admit that Fox is the guilty party?

Newsflash: The additional Fox channels are already under contract. And that makes this a completely different situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)