FOX NEWS CHANNEL HD 10/17 6 am

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ETA: It looks like the Crime and Investigation channel in the US is an HD only station. The UK channel is in SD. This probably means that the Crime and Investigation channel will be added to the $5 HD extra package???

This makes sense, that $5 extra pack is a tough sell right now. They need to add content. This is a start, but not enough. Trouble is, how many HD only stations are out there? WFN anyone? ;)

Any of you aware of just how awesome the hd extra pack is?

HDNet Movies: A second channel, HDNet Movies, accompanies HDNet and is devoted entirely to movies. Films shown vary in age and category, but all were either transferred from 35mm film to 1080i high definition or shot in the latter format. Many films shown on HDNet Movies have never before been released in HD on other networks.

MGMHD: MGM HD is a high definition television channel available via DIRECTV and Dish Network in the United States and N satellite service in Poland.[1] Channel was launched on December 7, 2006 in Poland and on October 10, 2007 in the United States. It features movies from MGM's library of approximately 1,200 movies filmed in a high definition compatible format as well as feature films from their library of 4,100 theatrical titles.

Palladia/MusicHD: Okay this one is crap.

Smithsonian HD: Original programming filmed exclusively in 1080i.

Universal HD: Basically the same as MGM, all the Universal Pictures movies.

If anything, HD EXtra doesn't need more channels of a different type. It need MGM HD2, MGM HD3, UHD 2, UHD 3, etc.

how many of you guys are great with getting this channel before let's say the travel channel?

how many of you guys are great with getting this channel before let's say the travel channel?

I'm not a watcher of either Fox News or The Travel Channel so there is no issue there for me. My wife and I are into the crime type shows although the forensic file type shows, not necessary a show like Nash Bridges. We watch a lot of Tru TV, Investigation Discovery, A&E. Stuff like that. So I'm willing to give the Crime and Investigation channel a try. However, my number one channel request would be ESPNU HD. That's the one I'd rather see in place of Fox News HD. It's not an anti Fox News thing, I just don't watch a lot of news on TV. I can't stand the yelling heads in box that are so popular on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. I get most of my news online, without the yelling.

I'm not a watcher of either Fox News or The Travel Channel so there is no issue there for me. My wife and I are into the crime type shows although the forensic file type shows, not necessary a show like Nash Bridges. We watch a lot of Tru TV, Investigation Discovery, A&E. Stuff like that. So I'm willing to give the Crime and Investigation channel a try. However, my number one channel request would be ESPNU HD. That's the one I'd rather see in place of Fox News HD. It's not an anti Fox News thing, I just don't watch a lot of news on TV. I can't stand the yelling heads in box that are so popular on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. I get most of my news online, without the yelling.

Yeah we have enough problems already that we don't really need to look at more bad news in HD. But congrats to those who were waiting for foxnews hd. You should like that new crime and investigation channel. I might check it out too.

if cihd shows nypd blue reruns, i think it would be a terrific addition. and, personally, i wouldn't waste my time with fox news. but i will be grateful for new national hd!

A D* employee who visits another forum hinted that FNC HD might be turned on tomorrow. He is very credible.

he said no it wouldn't be turned on either wednesday or thursday but wouldn't answer when asked about friday. frankly, i could care less.

P Smiths latest data shows that PPVHD 149 replaced by 275 CIHD (Crime & Investigation HD) and PPVHD 39 replaced by 360 FNCHD (Fox News Channel HD). Perhaps two new stations tomorrow or next week, one being FNC HD.

ETA: It looks like the Crime and Investigation channel in the US is an HD only station. The UK channel is in SD. This probably means that the Crime and Investigation channel will be added to the $5 HD extra package???

It may not be. HD theater and HDNet do not have sd channels and they are in the standard package.

I am
Quite honestly, travel channel doesnt hold much appeal for me. Not saying I dont want it added for those that do, its just not at the top of MY list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts