Fox News hd May 1st??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
P L E A S E !!!! FOX is N O T N E W S !!!!!!!!!!!!
Is a Journalist even in the building? Nothing BUT Spin and Lies!!!!!
This is my opinion but it would be nothing but wasted band with!!!
DTV could at least put an on Bias NEWS program on like .Aljazeera English news on. DTV can show the rest of the Our Great Country, what real news is!!! Not a bunch of corporate HOG WASH ..
Who cares about your political views? That is NOT what this thread was about, if you want to discuss that go to the pit, otherwise, please stay on topic

So...back on topic....is it 100% now that Fox News is going HD on May 1? I haven't seen them, Directv, or anyone else advertising it.

I haven't heard anyone say it is coming this week. Maybe it's a surpise.

Only thing I could find was the Time Warner info. on my original post. They have already got a channel number for it. As far as I know Fox News has not released any info. on it. I have e-mailed them but have not heard back.

But it says it will only initially be carried on Time Warner Cable. It doesn't say anything about it being on Directv.....and naturally, nothing about Dish either.

DTV could at least put an on Bias NEWS program on like .Aljazeera English news on. DTV can show the rest of the Our Great Country, what real news is!!! Not a bunch of corporate HOG WASH ..
Grow up.

Fine, go watch Keith Olbermann:D

The truth is NEVER what left wingers want to hear.

Fox News will add HD wing on the screen. What a waste of space. If it's true HD why use the HD wing? So the brodcast technically will still be seen on 4:3 since the rest of the screen will have a wing. Kind of like Fox Business news. it has a wing also. But the picture is still in 4:3. It fits on the 16:9 screen with the wing filling.

What does Swanni have to say?

Fox News Channel will launch a HD simulcast channel tomorrow and it would seem that DIRECTV would be a top candidate to carry it.

Afterall, the satcaster's former corporate parent, News Corp., owns the Fox News Channel and a DIRECTV official privately told TVPredictions.com last year that the company would carry Fox News Channel HD when it launched.

However, in yesterday's announcement from Fox, the network said Time Warner Cable would carry the new high-def channel in parts of New York and Texas.

There was no mention of DIRECTV. Zero. Zilch. (There was also no other TV provider mentioned.)

So, what gives?

Well, things have changed since last year when DIRECTV was rolling out dozens of new national HD channels, eventually bringing its total to 95. Despite boasts of having more HD capacity than cable, DIRECTV is now running out of satellite space.

That's why the satcaster has added just a handful of new HD channels this year -- and it's why it's careful not to discuss adding more channels until a new satellite is operational this fall.

The capacity problem was dramatized earlier this year when DIRECTV and Crown Media Holdings, the parent company of the Hallmark Movie Channel, announced that the satcaster had secured the rights to carry the new high-def version of the movie channel.

However, although Hallmark Movie Channel HD launched on April 2, DIRECTV has yet to add it.

So, as much as DIRECTV would like to add Fox News Channel HD, it would not be surprising if the channel is missing from the satcaster's high-def lineup for some time to come.

Final note: DIRECTV last year made several pre-launch announcements for new HD channels. But this year, the company has been mum about new channels until they are actually launched.

Times have changed.

Well if n2yo.com can be trusted for accuracy, DirecTV 11 after weeks of sitting still is moving toward its permanent home. Its moved 10 degrees or more since mid morning. At the rate its going it will be close to 99 degrees (I'm not sure exactly where its going but its near there) by tomorrow morning or even sooner. Its at 80 degrees right now and was at 70 when I noticed it about 5 hours ago...

What happens once it gets there and how long before she fires up is another story. But its a step!

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING

more like where did swanni steal the info from? sorry, this guy has zilch crediability with me.
I don't view him is the same manner. I think he is more like Matt Drudge. Drudge reports various news stories on his site, the Drudge Report and Swanni reports TV news on his site, TV Prediction. He sites his sources and indicates where he gets the stories from.

I don't view him is the same manner. I think he is more like Matt Drudge. Drudge reports various news stories on his site, the Drudge Report and Swanni reports TV news on his site, TV Prediction. He sites his sources and indicates where he gets the stories from.
Hmmm, i just cant see him having the same credibility, sorry. Drudge is right alot more than he is wrong, swanni doesnt seem to be. Sometimes good to read though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts