Fox News HD Up and Running

Now the Fox HD is up we can start the Speed HD threads

When is dish going to come out with Speed HD. I want speed HD! Comcast has Speed HD. When will Charlie give us Speed HD?

FYI, I just tried to get the FNC added to my programming because I am dishAbsolute. No luck, I was told everything from, just wait a few days, to it won't come to me ever. I almost had a gal switching it on for me but the phone got disconnected as she sent me to tech support. All they could tell me was that my package doesn't exist. I feel like I am in limbo here. Does anyone know the eternal state of my beloved Absolute?

It's great for Dish that they settled with Fox, and that Fox New is available to the HD-only subscribers (Turbo) - but there is not much "HD" to it at this point, like most of the channels out there.
Wonder what package you have to get to get this channel? Turbo HD Gold here and it says I have to "upgrade"... Thot Turbo HD Gold was ALL the HD channels, with the exception of a few nobody would really care about.. guess we're going to have to upgrade in order to get *any* new channels out of them..

Figures..

Wonder what package you have to get to get this channel? Turbo HD Gold here and it says I have to "upgrade"... Thot Turbo HD Gold was ALL the HD channels, with the exception of a few nobody would really care about.. guess we're going to have to upgrade in order to get *any* new channels out of them..

Figures..

FN HD and FBN HD are both listed in the Turbo packs so I think everyone will get FN HD since it's in Turbo Bronze. Turbo Gold will get FBN HD. They just haven't been turned on yet for those packages (maybe because there's still more to come). There's a retailer chat tomorrow so everything should be made clear.

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

Why don't you people just chill. You'll get your channels.

You guys are worse than a bunch of tweakers waiting for their meth dealer...........:rolleyes:

LOL

Not our fault! Blame the guy at Dish Network who flipped a switch too soon and is probably now standing first-in-line at the Unemployment Dept.:D

You guys are worse than a bunch of tweakers waiting for their meth dealer...........:rolleyes:

But I want my Speed HD NOW!!!!!!!!!
:haha

J/K I can wait for it. Hell I just got HD programming 5 months ago. So a few more days or months wont kill me.

Just got done with the online tech support and they told me that there is a known problem and that they are working on getting it fixed. TurboHD customers will get Fox News HD when this problem that causes some receivers to not authorize the channel is fixed. When I asked for an ETA, I was told that the time for repair is unknown but the technitions are working on it now... I mean SOON ;)

If you don't like a post, don't read it.. why take the time to respond... oh.. I know, you want a response so you can say something else?

I run a forum, have for over a decade... trust me, it's this sort of BS that makes people GO AWAY...

Do you have an email address so I can ask you permission before I post again..

:rolleyes:

If you don't like a post, don't read it.. why take the time to respond... oh.. I know, you want a response so you can say something else?

I run a forum, have for over a decade... trust me, it's this sort of BS that makes people GO AWAY...

Do you have an email address so I can ask you permission before I post again..

:rolleyes:

:what If this is a hint of how you run your fourm, it may explain why people go away from it.!sadroll

I think we are are all having fun here, giddy with anticipation. I'm sure yaz was half-joking, so just don't worry about it.;)

Seems to be some internal confusion. This is what the phone reps have been advised to tell customers:

Thank you for calling about your TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information.

Of course, the website says that both channels are in the Turbo Hd packages.

Same old $hit with Charlie. Playing games. I'm a D and E sub, with D you basically get all the channels with the HD package, there isn't 15 tiers to figure out.

I have the everything package and the gold and platinum hd. My foxnws hd is still red and not down converted. I wll check again tommorrow; rather watch hd hockey right now.

i have the same situation except it's now tomorrow and I still don't have FNC in HD.

You might consider checking out the Election night ratings. Fox News got spanked by CNN.
That wouldn't have anything to do with CNN being in 2 million + more households would it?

Probably not.

I'm curious to see what happens to the ratings now that Fox is on AT100.

That wouldn't have anything to do with CNN being in 2 million + more households would it?

Probably not.

I'm curious to see what happens to the ratings now that Fox is on AT100.

Broadcast Networks
ABC: 13.1 million total viewers, 6.1 million A25-54
NBC: 12.0 million total viewers, 5.8 million A25-54
CBS: 7.8 million total viewers, 3.5 million A25-54
Cable Networks
CNN: 12.3 million total viewers, 5.8 million A25-54
FNC: 9.0 million total viewers, 3.9 million A25-54
MSNBC: 5.9 million total viewers, 2.7 million A25-54
Other
Fox: 5.1 million total viewers
Univision: 4.1 million total viewers
Telemundo:0.8 million total viewers
Election Night 2008 Ratings: 71.5 Million Watch Obama Victory, ABC, CNN Tops

First, 3.3 million more watched CNN, well beyond 2 million. Also, do you honestly think everyone with CNN and not Fox watched CNN and didn't watch ABC, NBC, CBS, or Fox Broadcast version?

I also don't think there will be a big ratings impact as those that wanted Fox News probably subbed to AT200.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)