FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

One mans wine anothers poison

I am indian , proud owner of my own business with over 71 employees, just became a U.S citizen, pay over $200 in my monthly dish , with all the indian channels mega pack $60 plus Z gujrati etc, and hd pack. I love fox news, and am a proud republican and have been a loyal dish supporter for the last 8 years. Charlie should factor that in his decision. Not every dish subscriber is a liberal cnn lover, there are plenty like me that like fox , and spend $$ on dish including international channels.

I watch these forums a lot, and I just can't understand why topics that have to do with Fox News or CNN or other channels always have to become a political football. It doesn't really matter whether you're conservative, liberal or moderate....

Sounds like to the guy in the above post, it does matter...

Sounds like to the guy in the above post, it does matter...

What really matters is that we've been pretty much told not to discuss politics, yet it is brought up over and over again in these Fox News related posts.

They are issuing warnings out guys. I got "warned" for something really stupid that was one simple word, non political related and non name calling. I used a word that is commonly used on TV and radio and is acceptable by the FCC when it comes to the dirty words they can't say. So it probably isn't a good idea to discuss politics anyway.

The fact is, no matter how anybody here feels about it, a lot of people watch Fox News and these same people would love to see Fox News HD. All providers would be wise in adding the most popular news channel.

The fact is, no matter how anybody here feels about it, a lot of people watch Fox News and these same people would love to see Fox News HD. All providers would be wise in adding the most popular news channel.

Exactly! Thank goodness that we are in a free market economy in the United States. If you can't (or won't) give me what I want, then I'll give my business to a provider that will!

"The fact is, no matter how anybody here feels about it, a lot of people watch Fox News and these same people would love to see Fox News HD. All providers would be wise in adding the most popular news channel."

Yes, it does have justifiable ratings, though I do not agree with their political agenda.

What really matters is that we've been pretty much told not to discuss politics, yet it is brought up over and over again in these Fox News related posts.

They are issuing warnings out guys. I got "warned" for something really stupid that was one simple word, non political related and non name calling. I used a word that is commonly used on TV and radio and is acceptable by the FCC when it comes to the dirty words they can't say. So it probably isn't a good idea to discuss politics anyway.

It would seem to me that if the poster's objective is not to discuss politics, per se, but to discuss the exclusion of a certain channel for reasons that may have a political component that such a discussion should not be curtailed. That is to say, politics are not the focus of the discussion but may be an important aspect of the conversation.

I totally agree that this forum is not the place to air out discussions of Obama vs McCain but discussions about the decision to include or exclude certain news channels from the lineup are extremely pertinent to these forums even if these channels may have a perceived lean to the left or right. I would also agree that it would be inappropriate to debate whether or not CNN or FoxNews have a bias one way or another. However, if one is questioning whether the exclusing of FoxNews might be motivated by political factors this is a valid concern as it would be if CNN was the absent channel.

Nonetheless, it is ultimately up to the forum owners to interpret as they wish the "rules of the sandbox." That's also consistent with life in a free society.

I don't hate Fox News, I hate all the 24 hour news channels. Nothing but fear mongers, all of them. The old style Headline News was the closest thing to a worthwhile 24 hour news channel as they stuck to the headlines, so you only needed to tune in for 15 minutes to get news.
I didn't get to watch much of it (thanks, Charlie), but wasn't Voom's HDNews pretty close to that format?

I look forward to Voom's return to Dish. Almost as much as I want my Dave Ramsey fix...

"The fact is, no matter how anybody here feels about it, a lot of people watch Fox News and these same people would love to see Fox News HD. All providers would be wise in adding the most popular news channel."

Yes, it does have justifiable ratings, though I do not agree with their political agenda.

Great response! No name calling, bickering or sour grapes; just a point of view that can be respected and debated with civility! (In the proper forum) :bow

I am looking forward to Fox News HD. That said, I have always found Fox News to be more entertaining than informative... did you know that they created the Internet Hate Machine? Google it...

So yes, I think Fox News HD would be worthwhile the same way E! HD would be. ;)

The best thing about Fox News, Martha MacCallum! Can't wait to see her in HD.

7_21_450_MacCallum_2008.jpg

I was watching the Fox News Channel on Sunday. The anchor mentioned that would be the last news cast from that studio because, after the political conventions, Fox News Channel would be broadcasting in HD with a new set being built.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm mostly an FNC watcher, but as far as presentation and technology goes, the election night coverage by CNN makes FNC look like amateur hour. I couldn't help but grimace watching CNN's really cool "Balance of Power" interactive touch screen tool during the 2006 election while FNC had Bill Kristol with a dinky white board.

FNC in HD would be nice, but I'll take a better set first.

All three in hd

Why not have all three in lineup in hd, Fox News, Cnn and Msnbc, for the best political coverage. While i love fox, i still watch cnn , and occassionally msnbc, although i feel dan abrams is second tier, like Fox for their objectivenss , watch cnn on occassion although it does tend to lean left, very pro Obama in this election. Cnn however has the best coverage so i still watch with a grain of salt. That is the best remedy have all three report we decide, the fox mantra.

Ding Ding Ding............we have a winner

Very obvious with those two.

CNN tries to play it down the middle.imo :tux:

Hiding their agenda is what makes CNN more deceiving.

Let's face it...those that watch CNN and MSNBC think they're getting the straight scoop and Fox News has a conservative bias, and those that watch Fox News think they're getting the straight scoop and CNN and MSNBC have a liberal bias. And both camps are probably partially right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts