Fox News is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Our chairman is pleased to announce that DISH and Fox have agreed to the major terms of a new long-term agreement that will restore Fox News and Fox Business for our customers. We are still working with Fox on a few contractual details but we are optimistic that these channels will be restored shortly.

Thank you for your continued patience during these negotiations.

To view additional details on our progress and see our chairman’s video, visit dishstandsforyou.com or tune to channel 204.

Naw. I think in the long run we'd be better off if it went on longer or they never came back.
All depends on what the final terms were. If Fox essentially gave in on the FS1/FXX stuff, then good precedents were set. Unfortunately we'll never know and both sides will claim victory.

Reactions: Yespage
We know that Dish didnt cave on FS1/FXX so it had to be FOX. They realized they were wrong.
I think your probably right. I'm sure there was something for Fox to hang their hat on. I would imagine some sort of pre-negotiation or parameters set for when the contracts normally expire.

I just hope Dish didn't give in anything on FS1/FXX for the existing contract term.

Reactions: Rolling Joe
All depends on what the final terms were. If Fox essentially gave in on the FS1/FXX stuff, then good precedents were set. Unfortunately we'll never know and both sides will claim victory.
Easy way to tell... If we dont get Fox Sports Go within the next 3 months the contract that was signed to was JUST for Fox News/Business....Meaning Fox is gonna let Dish hold on to the Speed/FS1 contract until it finally expires.

Easy way to tell... If we dont get Fox Sports Go within the next 3 months the contract that was signed to was JUST for Fox News/Business....Meaning Fox is gonna let Dish hold on to the Speed/FS1 contract until it finally expires.

Reading the press release under http://about.dish.com/news it only talks about Fox News and Fox Business. If it was something bigger, I think they would reference it. The Disney press release talked about all the features that would be added in the following months including the authentication to WatchESPN. Same thing with the A&E. My guess is just Fox News and Fox Business.

Fox finally took down their dump Dish garbage. A thank you slate is now up at keepfoxnews.com!

205 foxnews is in hd now dish needs to add the fox news business channel in hd on 206

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)