FOX NEWS Picture quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

justl

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Has anyone else noticed a recent improvement in the PQ for Fox News? Could the outage a couple of mornings ago have anything to do with it?

Nope, it looks like crap to me still, Its SD!
They need to bring Fox News in HD!

I think it is a lot better now.

Could it be they now have the HD feed running to the up link center in prep for adding the HD feed in a few months which also means they upgraded the SD feed to the upgrade center at the same time.

If they were getting a lower quality SD feed before that would explain it.

I think it is a lot better now.

Could it be they now have the HD feed running to the up link center in prep for adding the HD feed in a few months which also means they upgraded the SD feed to the upgrade center at the same time.

If they were getting a lower quality SD feed before that would explain it.

We can only hope that happens soon.

I've also noticed this. It was moved to another transponder by D*, likely with less compression. Back when I first got D* in '96, Fox News was one of the sharpest channels around. It's pretty close to that again.

Its still looking good, they either upgraded the connection or moved to a better transponder that is not as compressed.

I wonder if they were complaining as myself, I stopped watching it and switched to CNN HD as it looked so much better. Now I am watch Foxnews again, its easy on the eyes.

Its still looking good, they either upgraded the connection or moved to a better transponder that is not as compressed.

I wonder if they were complaining as myself, I stopped watching it and switched to CNN HD as it looked so much better. Now I am watch Foxnews again, its easy on the eyes.
I agree with the last part about being easy on the eyes.

Whether you agree with their viewpoint(s) on the news or not ( I do), most of the news babes on FOX are the hottest around!

I also noticed the improvement of the picture quality.Hopefully Fox News will soon be available in HD format.

I was amazed at how good Fox News looked this weekend.

Also, did they make the size of the text in the news crawl bigger? Seems like there was only 3-4 words on screen at a time. I can't remember if the text was always that big or not.

I was amazed at how good Fox News looked this weekend.

Also, did they make the size of the text in the news crawl bigger? Seems like there was only 3-4 words on screen at a time. I can't remember if the text was always that big or not.
Yes, they did make it larger. One thing that was on the crawl was an email address to remark about it. I did to complain that it being larger along with the news banner blocks even more content. Also, do we really need to be reminded what channel ans show we're watching all of the time. Those lower left and right side logos need to go away. Notice all of the junk isn't there during the commercials (yeah I know, what are commercials?). Of course, that's because the advertisers don't want anything to distract the viewer from the ad content.

So FNC, where's your respect for your viewers? Too much junk takes away from what you are reporting. So be innovative and do something different. :)

That email address they gave is theticker@foxnews.com. However, it may only have been active for a few days.

I suspect that the better PQ may be a precurser to HD.

Last edited:
Also, do we reraaly need to be reminded what channel ans show we're watching all of the time. Those lower left and right side logos need to go away. Notice all of the junk isn't there during the commercials (yeah I know, what are commercials?). Of course, that's because the advertisers don't want anything to distract the viewer from the ad content.

Unfortunately, most people still have analog cable, and cable channels have to cater to them. :rolleyes:

I'm not advocating for the banner during the commercials, but for a little more viewer respect during the regular programming.

It's time for all channels to rid themselves of banners and obtrusive logos. We don't need them 24/7.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts