Fox News to HD?

Before the flame wars begin, lets just keep to the topic, whether or not foxnews will be going HD. Feel free to debate the merits of your favorite cable news channel in the pit forum :)

I agree, I do think it is odd that CNN will be out in HD before the Number one News Channel is. I am curious to see if CNN will get a "Bounce" in the ratings.
Off topic a little....Did NBC National News get a bounce when they went HD?

I agree, I do think it is odd that CNN will be out in HD before the Number one News Channel is. I am curious to see if CNN will get a "Bounce" in the ratings.
Off topic a little....Did NBC National News get a bounce when they went HD?

No, our (HD enthusiast) numbers are too small. How many of you watch Voom's HD News?

Honestly, I think Newscorp is more concerned with getting out FX in HD first. I wonder if that will be a 720P channel like Fox and Nat Geographic. They will probably broadcast the Fox movie channel in HD before Fox News. MSNBC/CNBC launching will spur Fox to action.

Wal-Mart and Sam's Club will get a huge run on Ilo, Polaroid, Philips, Vizio and Sony LCD's when Fox News goes HD. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Some of us who watch Fox News can afford a QUALITY TV.
We also know how NOT to pay full price for that quality TV.

ANYHOW, I think that FNC would be a better channel then FX, like I said before, it is the NUMBER ONE Cable News channel by a WIDE margin.

The whole concept of "News" is bull to begin with.

When someone wants to communicate something to millions of people, that process itself has a purpose. Even when that purpose is "to benefit everyone", the actual content of that "altruism" can be 100% different form person to person (say, comparing the "altruism" of a fundamentalist preacher with the "altruism" of an 18 year old guy who only lives to party).

So, "news" is really a euphemism for "propaganda".

However, if you want to promote your point of view, you want the largest audience. Hence, the 23 hours of Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton on most of the news channels...

okay guys, one more warning please keep on topic in this thread, I dont want to see words like propaganda and any type of comparison to cnn in HD or why this channel is/isnt good. (notice I didnt say dont post pictures of the anchors who looks good ;) )

While I would love to see FX in HD I would be happy to see HD feeds of all the news channels as well.

okay guys, one more warning please keep on topic in this thread, I dont want to see words like propaganda and any type of comparison to cnn in HD or why this channel is/isnt good. (notice I didnt say dont post pictures of the anchors who looks good ;) )

OK, I needed to get my blood pumping so to be FAIR and Balanced, here is a News BABE (Melissa Theuriau) from France:

837332013_011490a1b0.jpg

OK, I needed to get my blood pumping so to be FAIR and Balanced, here is a News BABE (Melissa Theuriau) from France:

837332013_011490a1b0.jpg

Wow, that would be some good HD viewing pleasure. Honorable mention to

Jane Skinner FOX
Alexis Glick FOX
Laurie Dhue FOX
Kiren Chitry CNN
Elizabeth Cohen CNN

Oh, WTH... Let's see all of em in HD :):):D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)