Fox News to HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I prefer Fox News instead of the Clinton N N. I would never watch CNN even in HD. But hey those babes on Fox do look nice however as we have all learned that Michael Vick likes watching Dogs Fight, he should of just watched "The View" especially when Rosie was there.:D

I guess I wouldn't mind it if we got CNN HD. Would probably tune into it more than the VOOM news channel. But I largely quit watching CNN about 3-4 years ago because, and I mean this, it was too conservative. Just like most media went to the right in the 2002-2004 period. I hear they've regained some of their senses now, but not enough to get me to tune back in.

The VOOM news is pretty lightweight, but an easy way to get a quick rundown of major headlines, sports, and weather.

Personally I'm looking forward to the day when the Comedy Network goes HD. At least the Daily Show and Colbert Report don't pretend the stuff they are slinging is hard news.

I guess I wouldn't mind it if we got CNN HD. Would probably tune into it more than the VOOM news channel. But I largely quit watching CNN about 3-4 years ago because, and I mean this, it was too conservative. Just like most media went to the right in the 2002-2004 period. I hear they've regained some of their senses now, but not enough to get me to tune back in.

The VOOM news is pretty lightweight, but an easy way to get a quick rundown of major headlines, sports, and weather.

Wow. CNN went right??? I wish I would have know so I would not have switched!!!!

Wow. CNN went right??? I wish I would have know so I would not have switched!!!!

CNN has been more conservative for years now. I laugh every time I hear people blast them as being liberal.

CNN hires three conservative commentators - Wikinews, the free news source

Back when I still watching in 2004, they had Tucker Carlson as a major commentator, and he is quite conservative.

Just like I hear from conservatives that major networks news programs have a liberal bias. In a poll of liberals, only 10% of them felt that ABC/CBS/NBC had a liberal bias, and 49% of them feel that they actually have a conservative bias.

From my perspective the news programs and channels range from moderate conservative to right wing propaganda. The only larger scale news operation that I like & trust is National Public Radio (NPR).

As far as getting the news in HD, that's not a big deal to me. It would be fine by me if it were in 16:9 upscaled SD.

CNN has been more conservative for years now. I laugh every time I hear people blast them as being liberal.

Back when I still watching in 2004, they had Tucker Carlson as a major commentator, and he is quite conservative.

Just like I hear from conservatives that major networks news programs have a liberal bias. In a poll of liberals, only 10% of them felt that ABC/CBS/NBC had a liberal bias, and 49% of them feel that they actually have a conservative bias.

From my perspective the news programs and channels range from moderate conservative to right wing propaganda. The only larger scale news operation that I like & trust is National Public Radio (NPR).

As far as getting the news in HD, that's not a big deal to me. It would be fine by me if it were in 16:9 upscaled SD.

I didnt know Hillary Clinton was a member here.:D

Balanced news w/o commentary

I would like to see the BBC World news in HD on E* 24x7. These guys as a general rule are the most balanced of all & don't push the American line whether it is right or left leaning.

Tom, here is a good link for you to read about the liberal bias in the media.

Media Bias Basics

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
(CNN has been more conservative for years now. I laugh every time I hear people blast them as being liberal.

As far as getting the news in HD, that's not a big deal to me. It would be fine by me if it were in 16:9 upscaled SD.)

I usually hate it when talk of an HD News channel turns into political banter, but this post made my day. I about fell off my chair in disbelief. It is great when libs say that the mainstream media is fair and middle of the road. It is even better when they say the networks are conservative.

Thanks for the link to Media Bias Basics Bowens. As for News in HD, I will be excited. If it is Fox News I will watch it when I have a hankering for 24 hour news. If CNN was in HD I would check out the picture quality, but not watch it unless it is election night. It is great to watch the low blows CNN and the national networks serve on election night. Isn't it interesting how this decade was rife with election fraud and disenfranchisement of voters (after all Democrats can't lose an election, they have to get it stolen from them)....except the 2006 election? If SNL could write the comedy that is on display all over the mainstream media on election night, their ratings would be through the roof.

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
(CNN has been more conservative for years now. I laugh every time I hear people blast them as being liberal.

As far as getting the news in HD, that's not a big deal to me. It would be fine by me if it were in 16:9 upscaled SD.)

I usually hate it when talk of an HD News channel turns into political banter, but this post made my day. I about fell off my chair in disbelief. It is great when libs say that the mainstream media is fair and middle of the road. It is even better when they say the networks are conservative.

Thanks for the link to Media Bias Basics Bowens. As for News in HD, I will be excited. If it is Fox News I will watch it when I have a hankering for 24 hour news. If CNN was in HD I would check out the picture quality, but not watch it unless it is election night. It is great to watch the low blows CNN and the national networks serve on election night. Isn't it interesting how this decade was rife with election fraud and disenfranchisement of voters (after all Democrats can't lose an election, they have to get it stolen from them)....except the 2006 election? If SNL could write the comedy that is on display all over the mainstream media on election night, their ratings would be through the roof.

I pretty much can't stand any of them. TV news is in a really sad state. Radio is worse. Newspapers are probably better than TV news, but that's not saying much.

The best place to get news, by far, is the Internet. It's really not even close in competition.

IMO the only reason TV news exists any more is because of lack of a good delivery platform for the Internet to the living room/bedroom. Bandwidth is too low, PC technology is unreliable and complex, and the prices are way too high compared to the TV platform.

Notice I'm not talking about liberal vs. conservative. Nor any of the dimensions of that axis: social, civil rights, fiscal, racial, national security... all of which can be either "liberal" or "conservative". For example I'd call myself socially liberal, civil rights conservative, fiscal conservative, racial liberal, national security conservative.

(There should be something like one of those personality profile acronyms that one could rattle off when introducing oneself... e.g. "I am an INTP! What are you?)

Mostly, though, I value competence, realism, and clear thinking. If you have those things, and you don't agree with some of my views, I'd probably still vote for you. (Except for the national security part... hey, you gotta survive before you can make the world a better place.)

Now, let's be real. Where on TV or radio do you get reporting that is competent, realistic, and clearly thought out? CNN? Fox? Rush Limbaugh? Network news? The Daily Show?

Even though NPR often sickens me with their smarmy arrogance and "we-know-what's-best-for-you-because-we-have-a-good-liberal-arts-education" attitude, I have to admit that they come closest to the ideal.

So, you "CNN and CBS News are conservative" types, gee-ZUS, I guess I agree with you. (gagging)

I just read this morning that Fox News is going to lanch a hd channel. No dates were set but it did say that Direct hoped to have it on its list by the 4 quarter.

Fox is also supposed to launch a Business channel. Since CNBC-HD has already been announced, I would expect this Cavuto channel to also be HD upon launch.

But Ron J makes a good point, there is the reporting of news, and then also the infotainment of the "talking heads" and their rants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)