Fox orders X-Files mini series

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
CLIFF HANGER. Now if the ratings are worth it to FOX, they might return in a new reconstituted version with younger FBI agents that were featured in the mini series.

What a convoluted MESS (specifically the finale, and the season in general, save Founder's Mutation). It was so piece-meal, and grab bagged, that I wonder If there was even a coherent script, and Carter just stumbled and fumbled into it hoping for the best...and all hopes were dashed. Frankly, I would not really care if "This IS the End" if they can't deliver anything better than this.

Reactions: fred555
Have to disagree with the thought that "it is over". After watching last nights episode, I am absolutely convinced that the series will be coming back. And that Mulder and Sculley will be part of it early on. If you recall, they originally agreed to do 8 episodes, but for various reasons could only do 6. So in my opinion when the series reboots they will be around for the first 2 episodes at least. Then the 2 new characters will take it over. They absolutely can't leave it the way it ended. I could be all wet of course, but I don't think so.

Have to disagree with the thought that "it is over". After watching last nights episode, I am absolutely convinced that the series will be coming back.
I'm equally convinced they won't. The X-Files is Scully and Mulder, not their ridiculously obvious doppelgangers. Look what happened when Duchovney left after season 6. I would bank that Fox is not dumb enough to think phasing out both would end up any different (or worse) than before.

The lizard man episode was the one that I enjoyed the most.

Seems like the ratings agree with you:

The X-Files (season 10)
: Critical reception by episode
520bcd7e7a5bb0d80a97229e3959e751.png

Season 10 (2016): Percentage of positive reviews tracked by the website Rotten Tomatoes[85

I could not find a Neilson chart however.

Seems like the ratings agree with you:

The X-Files (season 10)
: Critical reception by episode
View attachment 114257
Season 10 (2016): Percentage of positive reviews tracked by the website Rotten Tomatoes[85

I could not find a Neilson chart however.

Thanks for sharing that info. interesting.

I didn´t keep record of ratings, but I just checked last night´s and they don´t look too bad.

I have already deleted all but Founder's Mutation (aka, Lizard Man). Djdhish...I certainly expected good ratings for the finale. But Google reviews and comments...not so hot. If it would continue, Carter needs hand the reins to the Morgan brothers, and Vince Gilligan who I read is interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: fred555
Sadly, aside from the episode written and directed by Darin Morgan (Lizard Man episode), the scattered version of “The X-Files” viewers got this year had little vision, less grasp of subtlety and only small scraps of coherence. Almost everything that could go wrong with this reboot did go wrong, and the clearest evidence of that was the Feb. 15 episode, which is one of the most bafflingly awful and tin-eared hours of television of this year or any other.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/features/the-x-files-season-finale-review-my-struggle-ii-1201712181/

Reactions: KAB
Ok, this is the third time I´m trying to finish watching the Alien DNA episode, and it just doesn´t hold my attention.

I remember I heard about an "alien abduction" case that I´d like to see on TV, because it´s so bizarre.

Story goes this man was frequently abducted by aliens.
One night he decided to resist, so he grabbed a sword and waited wide awake in his bedroom, when the aliens showed up, he attacked them and killed them.

Word is the sword had traces of alien DNA which hasn´t been analyzed due to lack of funds.

There´s an alien DNA case I´d like to watch on TV :D

I'm equally convinced they won't. The X-Files is Scully and Mulder, not their ridiculously obvious doppelgangers. Look what happened when Duchovney left after season 6. I would bank that Fox is not dumb enough to think phasing out both would end up any different (or worse) than before.
Yes, it went down hill fast after he left.

I hate those silly unresolved endings like on episode 6.
The Sopranos ending made me so mad I cancelled pay TV and went to OTA FTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)