Fox Sports 1

From what I read, Fox is providing the sports channels at either a reduced or same price until the contract on those channels runs out. That means we may be looking at going through an uncertain period again when ever it is the contract is up. I wish they had just signed a deal so the issue was settled for a period of time. You know if the channels in fact do get viewership anywhere near ESPN they will demand more money.

When I click on dish it gives you the fox sports 1 channel...direct tv same thing...

but when i click on u verse and twc it gives the ch for fox sports 1 AND fox sports 2 (both had fs2 in sd though no mention of hd)

So we wont be getting fs2 right away???

Im just glad that we are for sure getting fs1 ...also im excited to see what 9/2 has in store
DISH confirmed last night we are getting Fox Sports 1 & 2 and also FXX when it launches in September.

Anyone seeing the new Fox Sports 1 shows in their program guide for this weekend?? I am not noticing anything yet. Channel 150 is showing re-runs of various Speed shows throughout the weekend. Didn't know if the official uplink had happened yet??

The only official uplink will be to change the channels names. Everything else stays the same. The guide data comes through Tribune will will need to update the guide data.

Looks like I have a bit of a problem... I currently subscribe to AT200 plus half off multisport for NFL Redzone. From Dish's Facebook page it looks like FS1, FS2, and FXX will be in the exact same packages as the channels they are replacing.

From Dirt on Facebook and here. FS1 will be in AT200 and up. Speed is not in the sports pack so FS1 probably won't be either. That's fine I have AT200 so I'm all set there.

FXX is included in AT120+ and AT250 but not AT200. This is because Fuel is in AT120+ and AT250 but not AT200 and Dirt has confirmed this. This is a problem for me because even though I pay more money for AT200 than AT120+ costs I won't have FXX in my current package.

The choice is AT120+ to get FXX but not FS1 or AT200 to Get FS1 but not FXX. You get to pick one but not both. If you want both you need AT250. I refuse to spend $10 more to only get 1 additional channel I will watch by upgrading to AT250 so that is out for me.

The only strange technicality is that I may get FXX with the multisport pack in AT200 even though it has nothing to do with sports. If they are really using the exact same placement Fuel was in multisport so when FXX replaces it they may leave it there too.

Right now I am leaning towards downgrading to AT120+ because I would rather have Always Sunny and The League this fall than Big 12 and Pac 12 football. If it were Big Ten things would be different. All things being equal, the $5 price difference doesn't hurt either. I would happily keep my current AT200 package if it included FXX but for some strange reason Dish includes a few channels in AT120+ that aren't in AT200 even though it costs more.

I would miss NFL Network and MLB Network this fall by downgrading but since I already have half off multisport for Redzone I will still get them. There really are no other channels that make me want to stay on AT200 besides FS1 outside of the ones I can pick back up with multisport.

It seems weird but they are almost encouraging people to downgrade by including FXX in AT120+ but not AT200.

I have the same problem as you. Considering NBCSN and FUEL (FS2) in the whole picture, the only choice is AT250 until NBCSN changes package (if it ever does). The thing that ticks me is paying AT250 and not having FS2 in HD; inconceivable!

I have the same problem as you. Considering NBCSN and FUEL (FS2) in the whole picture, the only choice is AT250 until NBCSN changes package (if it ever does). The thing that ticks me is paying AT250 and not having FS2 in HD; inconceivable!

Yep Fuel(FS2) is also included in AT120+ and AT250 but not AT200. At least that one is part of multisport so I will be covered if I decide to stay with AT200. I bump up to AT250 for NBCSN during the NHL playoffs but I don't have to have it all year round. It is a channel I would watch if it were included in AT200 but not one I'm willing to upgrade to AT250 for. If FS1 and NBCSN were included in multisport I could easily downgrade to AT120+ and be happy.

Well, if Fox didn't back down on pricing, he might have been right.
We'll likely find out if the motivation for the statement is correct when it comes time to re-up the carriage contract.

From what I've read, it appears that Fox decided to continue the Speed contracts for FS1 and when the Speed contracts expire, the gloves will come off. Speculation is that Fox decided they couldn't take on all providers at once or they would be nuked in the court of public opinion.

Looks like I have a bit of a problem... I currently subscribe to AT200 plus half off multisport for NFL Redzone. From Dish's Facebook page it looks like FS1, FS2, and FXX will be in the exact same packages as the channels they are replacing.

FXX is included in AT120+ and AT250 but not AT200.

It seems weird but they are almost encouraging people to downgrade by including FXX in AT120+ but not AT200.

FXX (old Fox Soccer) has been moved from AT 120+ to AT120. So it will also be in AT200 and AT250.

FXX (old Fox Soccer) has been moved from AT 120+ to AT120. So it will also be in AT200 and AT250.

I would happily stay with AT200 if that is true but that's not what DIRT is saying on Dish's facebook page.

Hi Brent. Fox Sports 1 will be available on channel 150 starting on 8/17. The minimum package required for Fox Sports 1 is the America's Top 200. FXX will be on channel 390 starting on 9/2. FXX will be available in the America's Top 120+ and the America's Top 250. - Zach S

According to DIRT I have to pick between FXX and AT120+ or FS1 and AT200 but I can't have both without upgrading to AT250 which I won't do for 1 channel.

Edit: I think you may be right. I think the DIRT member might have confused FXX and FS2. From looking at the channel comparison on Dish.com Fox Soccer(FXX) is available in AT200. FUEL(FS2) is the the channel that is included in AT120+ and AT250 but not AT200. I can live without FS2 even if I didn't already have FUEL from multisport so I am happy if this is the case.

Last edited:
FXX is not a sports channel so wouldn't be in the Sports Pack. The Dish Network website now shows Fox Soccer moved into AT120.

The only official uplink will be to change the channels names. Everything else stays the same. The guide data comes through Tribune will will need to update the guide data.

Is anyone seeing that Tribune has updated the guide data? I thought that someone on here said that they had but I haven't seen it yet.

I would happily stay with AT200 if that is true but that's not what DIRT is saying on Dish's facebook page.

According to DIRT I have to pick between FXX and AT120+ or FS1 and AT200 but I can't have both without upgrading to AT250 which I won't do for 1 channel.

Edit: I think you may be right. I think the DIRT member might have confused FXX and FS2. From looking at the channel comparison on Dish.com Fox Soccer(FXX) is available in AT200. FUEL(FS2) is the the channel that is included in AT120+ and AT250 but not AT200. I can live without FS2 even if I didn't already have FUEL from multisport so I am happy if this is the case.

That was me on Facebook that asked that question. I was confused with the answer. I followed up with the fact that FXX is not a sports channel and that is the difference between AT120 and AT120+. He responded again saying that FXX would be in 120+. He said it is replacing Fuel. Is that right or is it Fox Soccer?

FXX is replacing Fox Soccer...

However I would expect it to remain packaged as a sports channel since they dont have a new contract letting them move it to a more appropriate package. DISH just can't up and move it without a change to the contract. So this one may be strage for awhile.

That was me on Facebook that asked that question. I was confused with the answer. I followed up with the fact that FXX is not a sports channel and that is the difference between AT120 and AT120+. He responded again saying that FXX would be in 120+. He said it is replacing Fuel. Is that right or is it Fox Soccer?

From all the reports I have seen FXX is replacing Fox Soccer and FS2 is replacing Fuel. I think that DIRT rep simply mixed up the 2 channels.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)