Fox Sports Nets

So they are not comparable packages and the prices are significantly different once discounts are removed. ATT is a lot more expensive with a lot more channels. ATT had to sell assets to stay alive… Dish did not. I feel like one is doing better with programming and pricing than the other.

So they are not comparable packages and the prices are significantly different once discounts are removed. ATT is a lot more expensive with a lot more channels. ATT had to sell assets to stay alive… Dish did not. I feel like one is doing better with programming and pricing than the other.
Dish charges for RSNs but doesn't deliver them in at 250..no price adjustment

Reactions: AZ.
Did they atleast remove the charge for HBO from the everything package?... I would say $5 a RSN× 3...$15 of stolen revenue
Even I would concede that Dish was likely selling RSN's at a loss by bundling them into the core packages. Even the Regional Action Pack, which included all of your local RSN's plus some other national sports channels, was never as high as $15 per month. (Of course, Regional Action Pack is only available as an add-on for Flex Pack. If Dish offered that package by itself, and priced it the same way they do the Locals Only core package, then it would be $15.)

Even I would concede that Dish was likely selling RSN's at a loss by bundling them into the core packages. Even the Regional Action Pack, which included all of your local RSN's plus some other national sports channels, was never as high as $15 per month. (Of course, Regional Action Pack is only available as an add-on for Flex Pack. If Dish offered that package by itself, and priced it the same way they do the Locals Only core package, then it would be $15.)
Well you need to calculate in how many customers they gain or lose from rsn's

I’ve said here before. My dish network is no longer under the price lock, nor is my parents directv. With 4 rooms of receivers. I have 250, they have premier, both are pretty close to the same package, but they have Bally sports or whatever it’s called. My bill was actually a dollar higher at $137.

now I could call in and get locked in again at $122. At least that is what the agent offered before I laughed and hung up. Problem is, directv isnt portable friendly anymore. And I don’t want to spend $130 at two locations. So the dish Wally works fine for the occasional trip to the lake.
According to ATT’s Directv page, the Premier package by itself without discount and before the RSN fee, equipment fee, taxes, etc is $206/month.

ALL INCLUDED PACKAGE: Ends 7/11/21. Available only in the U.S. (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.). 1st & 2nd year Pricing: $64.99/mo for ENTERTAINMENT All Included; $69.99/mo for CHOICE All Included; $84.99/mo for ULTIMATE All Included; $134.99/mo for PREMIER All Included for first 12 mos. only. After 12 mos. or loss of eligibility, then prevailing rate applies (currently $102/mo for ENTERTAINMENT All Included; $122/mo for CHOICE All Included; $151/mo for ULTIMATE All Included; $206/mo for PREMIER All Included), unless cancelled or changed prior to end of the promo period.
If Joe h's parents have been with Directv long enough to no longer be under contract, it is possible that they are grandfathered with a different package that Directv no longer advertises. I am guessing that Joe h may have been mistaken about the exact name of the package, but did describe it correctly: "I have 250, they have [Ultimate (see below)], both are pretty close to the same package, but they have Bally sports or whatever it’s called."

It is also worth noting that those "All Included" packages include the equipment fees for four receivers. It doesn't matter if you don't actually need four receivers, you get charged for them anyway.

Well you need to calculate in how many customers they gain or lose from rsn's
True, but we were only discussing how much Dish actually charges for the RSN's by themselves. Whether offering them allows Dish to make more money by selling the bundle to more customers is beside the point. As you repeatedly pointed out, Dish's cash flow improved after dropping RSN's, even after losing the customers who were attracted by them. So, Dish must not have been making a profit on offering them, or else the improved cash flow was simply a coincidence caused by some other factor.

True, but we were only discussing how much Dish actually charges for the RSN's by themselves. Whether offering them allows Dish to make more money by selling the bundle to more customers is beside the point. As you repeatedly pointed out, Dish's cash flow improved after dropping RSN's, even after losing the customers who were attracted by them. So, Dish must not have been making a profit on offering them, or else the improved cash flow was simply a coincidence caused by some other factor.
Same way profits increased when they stopped chasing after customers with special deals

Reactions: pattykay
Juan will never admit, and has purposefully avoided answering the question about his credits while saying he is still paying for stuff not received. Juan is an agitator. This will be me ending conversations with him on the topic, as it’s not moving anywhere.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
Dish charges for RSNs but doesn't deliver them in at 250..no price adjustment
You seem to have missed the part of the Dish user agreement that says channels may be removed or added at any time buy Dish with no obligation on their part for any credits, refunds or price reductions or any other form of compensation.

Section 4. H. in part says:
"In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities."

Reactions: ChadT41
You seem to have missed the part of the Dish user agreement that says channels may be removed or added at any time buy Dish with no obligation on their part for any credits, refunds or price reductions or any other form of compensation.

Section 4. H. in part says:
"In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities."
I didn't miss that part....thievery is thievery

And a contract is a contract, and you agreed to it.
Not really...one sided contracts get voided all the time...dish just has too few customers to warrant a fraud investigation by the state attorney general..when you have decided to destroy your business by dropping from 14 million to less than 8 million the authorities will let you fade away into non existance

Hmmm... just watch them put some games exclusively on the direct-to-consumer streaming service, while other games are exclusively only on the existing RSN's, thus requiring customers to subscribe to both, in order to get access to all of the games. :(
You called it... The 3 game series against the Giants and the Phillies this upcoming weekend was scheduled to be on NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Bay Area, but has now been moved to Peacock and will not air on the RSN's. Now, the games are on the free version of Peacock this time around. And these will be available nationwide. But you have to wonder if this will be used going forward where you need the RSN for most of the games and then the streaming service to fill in the rest (and need to pay the for streaming service, not on a free version)

Reactions: pattykay
Did they atleast remove the charge for HBO from the everything package?... I would say $5 a RSN× 3...$15 of stolen revenue
Now, with the announcement of the upcoming $23 per month standalone package, I would say that even if Dish was charging $15 per month for the RSN's, then they were definitely selling them at a loss.
This has nothing to do with Dish and it probably solves the problem of the RSN's coming back. Looks like you'll have to stream them if you want them: Sinclair Aiming for $23/Month Streaming Plan for Bally Sports in 2022 | Cord Cutters News

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)