Free 8.5' Orbitron dish - Portland OR area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottxray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I have replaced my 8.5 Orbitron with a 10' Winegard. So the question is what to do with the dish?

I cannot keep it as the wife wants it gone, and so I will give it to anyone that will come get it.
Note: the Orbitron 8.5 is not able to be broken down ( easily ) so its best if you transport it
assembled. Each rib and mesh panel is individually inserted during assembly so its a difficult assembly process.
I don't have instructions anymore. It should fit ok across a full size pickup bed. You will also need an actuator
arm and a pole to mount it. It weighs about 150 lbs so you need 2 or more men to carry it from the back yard
to the street (about 100 feet)

The dish is in good to very good condition. No missing or really dinged up mesh panels and it passes string test.
I replaced it becasue trees half block a lot of sats from here, so I needed more signal.

I will throw in a c/ku feed. I also will include a 920 4D ( converted and also MRed so no generics ) for $35. Battery is
good and has been replaced.

send me a PM at scottxray@comcast.net. No response in a few days and it goes on CL.:eek:

Just to attract more attention, could you toss in a few pictures? - ;)
That should get some discussion going.

Will try to get one in the next few days.

This pic is from a few years ago when it was on my roof....doesn't show the dish very clearly though. When I moved it to ground level I straightened out all the dents and dings in the panels and reinforced the clips by inserting zinc metal strips in the slots to strengthen them. It is pretty clean now.

Attachments

• P4230005.JPG
    P4230005.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 305
I'm somewhat interested so you say you can get ku on that? I'll send you a PM when I get back to my computer.

I'm somewhat interested so you say you can get ku on that? I'll send you a PM when I get back to my computer.

Dish was bought new in 99, and has small holes in the mesh (micro-mesh), so KU is fine with it. Not as much gain as a 10' though. I never was able to lock any dvb-s2 feeds with it , but the feeds are all partially blocked by trees where I had it mounted, after I got a s2 FTA receiver. So the signal was limited by the trees. While they were there, I could lock and view all the ku feeds on G0 (123W) a couple of years ago, with a viewsat platinum. I wasn't interested in foreign language stuff so I didn't use the FTA much, but KU should be fine.

specs: db Gain C - KU 39.2 - 46.6 focal length 91.4cm F/D ratio .36

Pics of 8.5 attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5380.JPG
    IMG_5380.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5381.JPG
    IMG_5381.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_5382.JPG
    IMG_5382.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 238
Yes, I am interested.. there are 2 others in the forum I have expressed interest in, and I still do want them -- however, we are in Georgia right now (my "baby" was reenlisting in the Air Force and I needed to be there for that) and it will be awhile before I can do much of anything. I do not presently have access to a truck or trailer either. It will not go through the door of the motor home. We had a severe financial blow last year but are finally coming out of it. When we get back, the septic tank will be the very first project. THEN satellite dishes, then the living space!
i have to keep my priorities straight!
I am interested but if someone else can use it first, go for it. That is a 150 mile run. Primestars can go through the door, or mount on the back bumper. Because of health concerns, we are no longer going far in the car but it would not fit on the roof or the car either.

I had visions of you driving through area and tossing it face-up on top of your motor home.
Well, maybe you can get the next one.
We'll keep you in mind. ;)

I have two people claiming interest. One here in Portland, but has to get a truck to transport. rv1pop , you have a LOT of sat stuff going on.
I would love to have 20 acres, but I'd settle for just one. Wife, unfortunately, wants to live IN the city. HOAs , covenants and nosy neighbors
are a curse. And of course the neighbors trees and city ordinances "protecting" them.

If you removed the quad mount this could be strapped to the top of a MH, face down. ;->

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)