Free C-Band dish available in Greenville, SC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good,something I need to ask you then. These are goining into pickup trucks. I am planning on marking them and splitting them in have. Anything I should know?

My 12 came delivered to me in 4 sections and it just fit in the Pu truck. You may want to break it all the way down into quarters.

When you reassemble it do it on a flat concrete surface and make sure the parabolic shape it there.

Probably best to get all new hardware, use stainless steel bolts on the head where it snugs to the pole. That's what I have and never regretted it.

From what I saw today I think the stainless hardware is already there. I plan on marking the dishes so that they go back together the same as they came apart. Of course a string test will happen after reassembly.Another benifit is they are moving about 15 miles north so the elevation and declination bolts will not be touched for now.

At 15 miles from original location you don't need to do much adjusting. The elevation will have to be dialed in a bit at least. Remember though you are disassembling them and removing the quad legs. So all static adjustments that are there now will be lost. Just re adjusting the F/D, focal distance or feedhorn centering cause realignment to azimuth and elevation. Good Luck on your project, keep us posted. I think you will be very happy with the 12 foot Unimesh. I have had many many hours of enjoyment over the 20 years I had mine.

Attachments

• 12XL.jpg
    12XL.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 100
I started taking the dishes down today. Nothing special under the feedhorn covers. The ten footer had a toshiba lnb and the 12 footer had a gardiner lbn both on standard chapperal feeds. The 10 footer is in great shape it pivots fine and the 24 inch I want to say DMJ acuator works fine. The dish moves fine with the actuatordisconnected. The 12 footer has a bad actuator and the dish binds trying to go east of true south. I see a catsalated nut with a cotter pin on the pivot so assume there is a bushing in there that needs replaced. Still fixable and a great find by Dachshound. And like I was told the owner of the store just scrapped a bunch of 10 and 12 foot unimeshes new in the box!

I see a catsalated nut with a cotter pin on the pivot so assume there is a bushing in there that needs replaced. Still fixable

Ya there is a bronze bushing in there. You could even use a larger bolt and a couple fender washers and it will work. (see attached picture)

I was told the owner of the store just scrapped a bunch of 10 and 12 foot unimeshes new in the box!
Ouch :eek: That would have been nice to get our hands on. I have 2 brand new polar mounts for my 12 foot Unimesh. Buried under boxes in my basement. It's a long story how I got them but if I ever took my dish down to move etc I would put a new mount on my reflector.

Attachments

• bronze bushings.jpg
    bronze bushings.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for the link Mjac lots of stuff there. But my local NAPA has bushings from stater drives to king pins. I would rather have both pieces there and make a bushing with a perfect fit.No slop wanted, this one is going up perfect.

Both dishes are now at their new homes.I want to thank Dashaund for the offer and tell you people he is really a great guy to work with. Unfotunatly mine will have to wait a bit before it goes back up because I have to go back to Florida Saturday,but I know what my project is when I come back up!

I went with the 10 footer. ::sigh:: I know, I know. But I've got a free pole to mount it on and it wasn't going to be big enough for the 12 footer and the 10 footer is a little easier to work with for a newbie like me. I just want to say Comptech is an awesome guy, and put a lot of work into this project. He helped me out a lot, and has given me some great advice. I can't wait to work with him in the future.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)