Free DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2005
SE NC
Today I received an invitation from D* to get a free refurb TiVo SD DVR, well there is $14.95 shipping. Anyone else get this?

Tonedeaf said:
Here is a Link to the offer:
The link didn't work for me, just got a blank offer screen when I logged in. Is there text that can be pasted here?

Never mind. Got the offer code in the other post.

Last edited:
Did you get it to work?

I got the actual e-mail and I can get to the order page and complete all the steps. But when I get to the final page to submit the purchase, I get a system error message. Any ideas....anyone?

rlmalmberg said:
I got the actual e-mail and I can get to the order page and complete all the steps. But when I get to the final page to submit the purchase, I get a system error message. Any ideas....anyone?
Try again. I had that happen also and after 3 tries it was fine.

Tonedeaf said:
Try again. I had that happen also and after 3 tries it was fine.

Well, so far I've tried at least 50 times over the past 3 days. But, I'm stubborn enough to keep on trying.

Okay, I hit the link you posted and there is no info. When I hit continue, it tells me I need to all a number....but there is no text telling what the offer is...

jimstem said:
Okay, I hit the link you posted and there is no info. When I hit continue, it tells me I need to all a number....but there is no text telling what the offer is...
Link is dead as you mentioned.

sign into your DirecTV account, click Add or Replace Receiver, put in DVR4ME in the box and hit continue. Proceed thru the order screens.

If I already have a TiVo, I can just replace one of my non-TiVo receivers with this for no extra cost, right?

Just got of the phone with a very pleasant CSR who gave me an R-15 DVR for the exact same offer. So, that will make on R-10 in the living room and an R-15 in the bedroom.

The wife should be pleased that we can ease up some of the program conflicts now.

I just went back to full D* yesterday (only had NFL) and was able to get a free DVR. She couldn't guarantee that it would be an R15 but whatever the warehouse had. She said it could be a Samsung(?). The installation is Monday. What should I hope arrives?

Denman007 said:
Do you have to pay another 5.99 for a 2nd DVR service?
No, 1 DVR service charge for all the DVR's in your household. You would of course need to have a mirror fee for each additional receiver.

Can someone tell me how long this promo will be available? My account is past due, so it wont let me sign up for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)