Free DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jim tressler said:
no MIR needed and its tivo - not directvs dvr
Did you finally get to order one? I know you were having troubles. I ordered one just last night and have install for one more run of coax next Saturday.

At Tivocommunity, there are folks that getting their Tivo via Fedex and then getting another when the tech comes for the install. Seems like right hand doesn't know what left is doing. :D

still no luck - I have tried here at the office too.. same error.. what kills me is the csr can see the deal, but then the sales dept wont offer it to me... lol

Tonedeaf said:
Did you finally get to order one? I know you were having troubles. I ordered one just last night and have install for one more run of coax next Saturday.

At Tivocommunity, there are folks that getting their Tivo via Fedex and then getting another when the tech comes for the install. Seems like right hand doesn't know what left is doing. :D

I currently have a DSR-704 I think the model is and aside from HD size, from what Ive read the R10 or R15 would be faster. My only problem is if I add the additional DVR, I would need a multiplex or whatever they are called. How much extra are those to have installed?

tmbstone said:
I currently have a DSR-704 I think the model is and aside from HD size, from what Ive read the R10 or R15 would be faster. My only problem is if I add the additional DVR, I would need a multiplex or whatever they are called. How much extra are those to have installed?
If needed, the install would include a multiswitch.

well.. it finally worked for me.. one question.. did eveyone have to pick an install date? and then they shipped it to you?

thanks

jim

jim tressler said:
well.. it finally worked for me.. one question.. did eveyone have to pick an install date? and then they shipped it to you?
I just ordered one and I did have to pick an install date in which it said the installer would bring the equipment but funny that it also said Fedex was going to ship it and I had to be home for it.

So what's the model number of the DVR I just ordered? :)

My SD-DVR40 came Fedex. I picked the "install date" when I ordered it. Nothing for the installer to do but he was really cocky about he would be the judge of that.

I ordered the free DVR last Friday.

I now have an add'l receiver on the D* website. It shows as "livingRoom: HNS" I did not put this there so I must be getting a Hughes DTiVo.

ahh, that's what I see also in my . I also ordered last Friday. But I hope it will be an R15 like happened to some folks here!!:D

jabd said:
I ordered the free DVR last Friday.

I now have an add'l receiver on the D* website. It shows as "livingRoom: HNS" I did not put this there so I must be getting a Hughes DTiVo.

I received a HDVR2 yesterday,but also have heard installers are bringing the R15 with them also.Is the R-15 really that bad,i would love to try one out,but all the horror stories are spooking me.

It is a solid unit, it just operates very differently than the TIvo based units. The interface is just not done very well to me. I did not like the R15. It is now not hooked up. Just got replaced by the HDVR2 i got on this promo. Atleast I got a free hard drive out of it. :)

jim tressler said:
got mine today - rca 40gb

I didn't bite on the freebie...no place to put it. I have had the RCA40 for awhile now. Solid as a rock. I was going to bite on the R15 upgrade but the wife likes the Tivo interface.

I got my RCA 40GB DVR today. As soon as I took it out of the box I knew something was wrong because it rattled. A little more light shaking to make sure and there was no doubt. Before I called D* (I'm on hold with them now after going through 3 people) I took the top off just in case it's supposed to be that way. The hard drive had moved from where it is supposed to be and was sitting on the motherboard, 3 ribbon cables were unplugged, a heat sink was loose (I couldn't see where it would go as there wasn't any empty spaces) and one capacitor was broken off. Yup, this was refurbished.

mine still has 3.1.1e on it.. lol.. its been downloading for about 1 hour now.. you would think they could at least put 6.x on it!

I received a RCA DVR40 yesterday and I must say that I am quite happy. In addition to this new box, I have 2 DSR6000's (series 1 - v 3.1.1c).

The RCA came with v3.1.1e. I downloaded 6.2 and restarted. This box is significantly faster than the Series 1. I realize that this not as advanced of a sw version as the standalones are on but what an improvement!!!

Did anyone try to order more than one? I would love to replace another of my Series 1 boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)