Free HD access after 24 months

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueridge66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Northern AZ
Curious if anyone has been successful in getting the free access extended beyond 24 months. I believe I'm at or nearing 24 months. This month's bill did not include the $10 credit but I noticed in another post several had not received the credit. Supposedly DTV had some issue with billing.

I don't think anyone would be near the 24 month period yet because if I recall correctly, they just started the free HD a year ago.

Having said that I now have to call DirecTV because this month's bill has the 10.00 charge for HD and I stilll have a year to go.

You are absolutely right! I was off a year. Looks like first applied Aug 2010 bill. Looks like I need to call too.
thanks!

Update: Decided to call today (often the weekend isn't the best time!)

Got a very nice CS woman who looked up my account info and repeated what others have have been told.... there was a glitch in their system in applying the HD credit. Before I hung up she said the credit was applied and a confirmation email was sent. Within 5 mins both statements were true.

Yes i noticed the glitch myself when I saw my bill yesterday and did not see the hd acess credit. I spoke to a csr they added the credit for this month told me to keep an eye on it for next month and this would also be passed on to the escalation team to see why the credit did not post on the account

Yes i noticed the glitch myself when I saw my bill yesterday and did not see the hd acess credit. I spoke to a csr they added the credit for this month told me to keep an eye on it for next month and this would also be passed on to the escalation team to see why the credit did not post on the account
Interesting.... my electronic bill usually is emailed around the 18th of the month. You got your bill the 3rd and the billing glitch still wasn't resolved.
Of course I don't know the timing of when the bill info is prepared or the source of the individual charges/discounts. Any case, all bills should be routinely monitored for accuracy.

I called DirecTV a couple of days ago to ask if I can get free ST. They told me they could not do it but can give me $10 off of my bill each month for the next 12 months and I agreed. Before hanging up I asked her if she could verify that I will get my $10 credit for my free HD since it did not go through last months. She then reset my free HD for 24 months starting this month and gave me an extra $10 off this month ($30 off this month's bill). So, after a little over a year of free HD I am now getting another 24 months added to it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)