Free HD for Life?

If this is going to be what new customers get automatically beginning June 3rd, does that mean a standard Dish install will officially be all HD equipment? If so, then this is finally a step forward in the road to all MPEG4 on WA transition.

It seems like for existing subs, now is the time to make sure they have HD & Platinum for $10 so they are grandfathered in. If you have that and want to keep the Platinum tier, then pricing will be the same as the FREE HD offer without paying $99 and without agreeing to a 24 month commitment.

So will those of us with the $10.00 HD/Plat pkg have to pay $20.00 to keep both if we do not want to pay the $99 for life fee? Or do we just keep going along with the combined pkg at $10/mo?

So will those of us with the $10.00 HD/Plat pkg have to pay $20.00 to keep both if we do not want to pay the $99 for life fee? Or do we just keep going along with the combined pkg at $10/mo?
That is a good question and is one I haven't been able to get answered yet.

I dont know if anyone has received an answer on this at Team Summit eaither..

That is a good question and is one I haven't been able to get answered yet.

I dont know if anyone has received an answer on this at Team Summit eaither..

If we aren't grandfathered in at our current price it'll amount to another price increase. Not to mention a huge slap in the face to all current HD customers.

If we aren't grandfathered in at our current price it'll amount to another price increase. Not to mention a huge slap in the face to all current HD customers.

Here is what I got on this... its hard to decode...

Two sepeare emails on this from two seperate insiders...

HD120 Free, 200 Free, 250 Free, HDDos Free,HD Max Free will be at no cost to the customer (Paladia and HD Theater not included) HD Platinum is now a $10.00 add on package for HD Free. Existing customers with HD120/200/250 & Platinum will migrate to HD

120/200/250 Free and HD Platinum, and will continue to pay $10/month

And the other one says...

HD Free for Life for Existing Customers
Pay one time $99 fee via CSA Web or an agent,
or
24 month commitment, CC AutoPay, Paperless billing, via CSA Web

HD Free for Life for New Customers
Pay one time $99 fee at time of sale,
or
24 month commitment, CC AutoPay, Paperless Billing, via CSA Web

As usual: confusion, confusion, and more confusion! I'll wait for the next Retailer Chat and Fax Blast to hopefully understand this promotion. Regardless, it's a step in the right direction.

Why does this seem to be working in E*'s favor? Just saying...Is Platinum HD going to cost $10? If so, then much will not be changed unless one wants to get rid of the Platinum HD.

What exactly does the $99 do for the existing customer?

Mass confusion as others have said.

As of June 3rd it appears you can pay $10 a month for HD, plus $10 more for Platinum HD. Or you can agree to a new 24 month commitment or pay $99 and get the HD for free (and the Platinum HD is still $10 extra a month.)

Thats the way I am reading things now... (If I am wrong someone from DISH can contact me and I will be happy to correct my mistake!)

So, basiclly nothing is free and this is just another price increase disguised as a "deal." Pay an additional $10/month or pay $99 up front, plus sign a new 2 year contract. Doesn't sound free too me. I refuse to sign up for auto pay, don't like doing that with any company.Plus the rurmors of more price increases in August. Why doesn't Charlie just come to my house and mug me, it would be easier.

As of June 3rd it appears you can pay $10 a month for HD, plus $10 more for Platinum HD. Or you can agree to a new 24 month commitment or pay $99 and get the HD for free (and the Platinum HD is still $10 extra a month.)

Thats the way I am reading things now... (If I am wrong someone from DISH can contact me and I will be happy to correct my mistake!)

So on top of the fee hike on the receivers earlier this year we will see an increase of $12/mo ($10 for re-splitting the HD/Plat pack) plus the reported $2/mo increase on the pkgs? Wow, I never thought I would say this but cable and their $75 triple play is looking better and better.

So, basiclly nothing is free and this is just another price increase disguised as a "deal." Pay an additional $10/month or pay $99 up front, plus sign a new 2 year contract. Doesn't sound free too me. I refuse to sign up for auto pay, don't like doing that with any company.Plus the rurmors of more price increases in August. Why doesn't Charlie just come to my house and mug me, it would be easier.

Yes if you have AT200 or AT250 your bill is going up $2.

If you have 2 or more premium channels your bill is going up $2 more as well.

Plus a number of international packages or channels are going up $5 a month as well.

I am sorry, but these disguises as deals are getting annoying. E* acts like they are doing us a favor by asking for more money. Do they really think that customers are that dumb? Seriously...

Yes if you have AT200 or AT250 your bill is going up $2.

If you have 2 or more premium channels your bill is going up $2 more as well.

Plus a number of international packages or channels are going up $5 a month as well.

I'm still not sure I follow you. Are you going to have to pay $20 for HD+Platnium if you do not sign up for this Free HD "deal" or $10? I don't want autopay and I really don't want a new 2 year contract so, for this, am I going to be punish by having to pay $10 for HD and $10 Platnium.

Will you be able to get the $10 off per month for 12 months deal if you get the Free HD for life deal along with free HBO for three months all at once if you have to do a two year contract? I figure if one has to do a two year contract to get a deal one should make the most out of it seeing how they could increase prices at any point in time within that two year period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts