Free HD for Life?

Reading all the above, and still not totally clear on one thing:
If a current customer has the $10 HD&Platinum pkg and does nothing as of 6/3/10, will we see no change in that package? (ie: Dish will leave it alone and not split it back out into two separate $10 fees for HD and Platinum if we don't sign up for another 24 mos or pay the $99 fee?)

We don't know you MIGHT see your bill go UP $10.

Still waiting on Clarification.

Rob052067 said:
Reading all the above, and still not totally clear on one thing:
If a current customer has the $10 HD&Platinum pkg and does nothing as of 6/3/10, will we see no change in that package? (ie: Dish will leave it alone and not split it back out into two separate $10 fees for HD and Platinum if we don't sign up for another 24 mos or pay the $99 fee?)

We'll know more when they have the business rules out. Too much info all ar once here. It will take a couple days to clarify every change.

It is a great ploy by Dish. They install all HD equipment at new installs anyways. They also require a 2 year commitment under most promos. Dish also probably does not have to pay any more for the HD versions of all the channels in the package.

The only thing it costs the new customer is CC autopay.

HD120 Free, 200 Free, 250 Free, HDDos Free,HD Max Free will be at no cost to the customer (Paladia and HD Theater not included) HD Platinum is now a $10.00 add on package for HD Free. Existing customers with HD120/200/250 & Platinum will migrate to HD

120/200/250 Free and HD Platinum, and will continue to pay $10/month

So Paladia and HD Theater are going into the Platinum package?

We don't know you MIGHT see your bill go UP $10.

Still waiting on Clarification.

How could our bills go UP? I am cool with staying where we are with the Plat pack having some decent channels in there now - but how could they add to existing customers bills for something they are making free for new people?

Lets say you have HD and Platinum now for $10...

They could (and I say again COULD) split the HD out and charge you for HD and Platinum seperate, this means to get them both it will cost you $20.

However if you agree to a new 2 year commitment then they will drop the $10 HD charge and now just charge you $10 for platinum.

I am hoping however this is not the case as one of the things I was sent states..

Existing customers with HD120/200/250 & Platinum will migrate to HD 120/200/250 Free and HD Platinum, and will continue to pay $10/month

So there is hope. :)

They could (and I say again COULD) split the HD out and charge you for HD and Platinum seperate, this means to get them both it will cost you $20.

However if you agree to a new 2 year commitment then they will drop the $10 HD charge and now just charge you $10 for platinum.

I am hoping however this is not the case as one of the things I was sent states..

Do you HAVE to do paperless billing? I am cool with all of the above as long as I get a bill in the mail each month.

As of June 3rd it appears you can pay $10 a month for HD, plus $10 more for Platinum HD. Or you can agree to a new 24 month commitment or pay $99 and get the HD for free (and the Platinum HD is still $10 extra a month.)

Thats the way I am reading things now... (If I am wrong someone from DISH can contact me and I will be happy to correct my mistake!)

If you pay $99 for something, how can it be considered free?

Do you HAVE to do paperless billing? I am cool with all of the above as long as I get a bill in the mail each month.
Yes paperless billing is a requirement.

I want a copy of my bill, charge me $1 month for it and let me have the free HD as well... I am on credit card auto pay.. I just want a paper bill too.

The 200 Channel count was clarified in the last press release.

For more information on the nation’s largest HD lineup – including 70 channels in core programming packages, 16 channels in the a la carte HD Platinum tier, 22 premium channels, 15 Pay-Per-View channels, 60 Video on Demand channels and 25 regional sports networks – visit DISH Network now offers 200 HD Channels - DISH Network.

So after all the confusion about getting the Platinum package added to our HD for free a few months back, Dish is now going to go right back and charge us for the Platinum pack again? With the possibility of charging us another $10 for the HD we originally had for free?
I hope Dish clarifies this real soon.

Apple may be known for "having an App for that!", but Dish is going to be known for "having a fee for that!"

Ghpr13:confused:

Really peole? You wouldn't sign up for cc autopay and a 24 month commitment for free HD? You must not care much for HD programming then. I think this is one of dishs best promos. The retailers here seem to be pretty excited about it. Overall I think it will increase new installs and upgrades a lot.

At some point people have to stop thinking they are getting screwed over.

The above does not make any sense to me if we have to add $10 extra to the price of of our current package "Top 250" plus Platinum for me, or have the HD removed from the Top 250.

This is not for the subs. It is not a promotion. It is a way for Dish to get an extra $10 a month, $99 or an extension of service from us.

Last edited:
what's funny is the other site is still trying to figure out if the this is true or not. I guess retailers don't go over there to visit because they are saying that maybe the rumor is because something was announced at team summit this week...
best way to explain the two sites, this is like a 24 hour tv news channel and the other is like a weekly new mag. Here you find out as it is happening, and there you can read about what happened last week!

I like that the folks that work for DirecTV are in their now upset about it over there.

If DIRECTV is upset about it, they can raise the anti by offering free HD with just your base subscription.. no auto pay, no paperless billing and no extending your commitment... just free HD.

Now that would rock.

Yes paperless billing is a requirement.

I want a copy of my bill, charge me $1 month for it and let me have the free HD as well... I am on credit card auto pay.. I just want a paper bill too.
I get an e-mail every month from Dish telling me that I have a new bill. I go to statements and print it out. Much cheaper than the $1 per month.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)