Free HD for Life?

Remember when Charlie said in one of his "Chats" he wanted to do away with the promotion stuff.

Well. This is it.

Dish makes it smell like roses but really is s%^t.

I'm still not sure I follow you. Are you going to have to pay $20 for HD+Platnium if you do not sign up for this Free HD "deal" or $10? I don't want autopay and I really don't want a new 2 year contract so, for this, am I going to be punish by having to pay $10 for HD and $10 Platnium.

you should only be paying $10 for HD + Platinum now.... a call to dish can take care of this for you

Scott Greczkowski said:
That is a good question and is one I haven't been able to get answered yet.

I dont know if anyone has received an answer on this at Team Summit eaither..

If a new customer does not want cc autopay the will pay $10 for HD & $10 for platinum HD. Or they an pay the one time $99 fee.
For existing customers, they will have to go online to sign up for the free HD. I was told this from corporate dish and from distributors.

Really peole? You wouldn't sign up for cc autopay and a 24 month commitment for free HD? You must not care much for HD programming then. I think this is one of dishs best promos. The retailers here seem to be pretty excited about it. Overall I think it will increase new installs and upgrades a lot.

At some point people have to stop thinking they are getting screwed over.

If a new customer does not want cc autopay the will pay $10 for HD & $10 for platinum HD. Or they an pay the one time $99 fee.
For existing customers, they will have to go online to sign up for the free HD. I was told this from corporate dish and from distributors.

They need to change their brochure then...

To says

FREE
HD
FOR LIFE*

Note the * at the end...

Hopefully DIRECTV will strike back and offer Free HD as well without having to jump through hoops like this...

Maybe this is charlies way of getting 2 yr committment then the dvr gets cut off because of the TiVo lawsuit.lol.That is the reason I won't make any new commitment until the TiVo lawsuit is resolved

Maybe this is charlies way of getting 2 yr committment then the dvr gets cut off because of the TiVo lawsuit.lol
This is actually a concern we have been talking about in the Pub Members forum. I do think that in light of any kind of news on TIVO this week on the earnings call and at Team Summit, that the concern got a lot a littlle bigger by a number of us, myself included.

You basically had to do they same thing to get cinema for a year fir a penny. I don't remember people complaining ths much.
How is this not a good deal?

Really peole? You wouldn't sign up for cc autopay and a 24 month commitment for free HD? You must not care much for HD programming then. I think this is one of dishs best promos. The retailers here seem to be pretty excited about it. Overall I think it will increase new installs and upgrades a lot.

At some point people have to stop thinking they are getting screwed over.

I think its because for most of us we will be paying the same thing we are paying now since we have the HD + Platinum package for $10 for both...

I think its because for most of us we will be paying the same thing we are paying now since we have the HD + Platinum package for $10 for both...

:up:up:up-Nailed right on the head!

I was explaining this same point to my parents who have HD/Platnium...Now if they want to drop platnium thats one thing, but there are a few more channels that they watch. I would think that "Platnium" now will get more future channel adds now, that the platnium tier is I think getting more recoginzed tier wise

I can understand that. As for growing dish's customer base it's great. I'm looking forward to promoting it and increasing sales.

Wait till you guys see the new commercials for the free HD. They are hilarious. I think you'll like it.

I think this offer will really appeal to new customers and those who do not really need the Platinum pack. Customers looking for something a little less expensive can get into the 200 package including HD and DVR and locals for something in the neighborhood of $60. That is a lot of very watchable HD for a price that seems pretty good in comparison to other providers.

I can understand that. As for growing dish's customer base it's great. I'm looking forward to promoting it and increasing sales.

Wait till you guys see the new commercials for the free HD. They are hilarious. I think you'll like it.

So bascily when someone markets the Dish packages to customers they will now talk about Dish HD channels already in the package, and the ten dollars will only come if one wants platnium.

satjay said:
So bascily when someone markets the Dish packages to customers they will now talk about Dish HD channels already in the package, and the ten dollars will only come if one wants platnium.

Exactly!

Scott Greczkowski said:
No worries, I am sure we will all see them...

Again and again and again and again. :D

Oh yeah. They plan on running these ads a ton. I think sales will be great this upcoming quarter.

Reading all the above, and still not totally clear on one thing:
If a current customer has the $10 HD&Platinum pkg and does nothing as of 6/3/10, will we see no change in that package? (ie: Dish will leave it alone and not split it back out into two separate $10 fees for HD and Platinum if we don't sign up for another 24 mos or pay the $99 fee?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts