Free LRIT/HRIT software for Goes 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As mentioned on other threads here, check out the fine work of Lucas Teske's Open Satellite Project. All source code on Open Satellite Project · GitHub. Currently working with GOES LRIT and HRIT with GRB currently under development. I'm using a 1900 MHz grid dish and an Airspy under Linux receiving LRIT for the past 8 months with HRIT only two days away with the activation of GOES-16 as GOES-E.

Lucas has a chat board at https://osp.teske.net.br/channel/opensateliteproject.

LRIT and HRIT are relatively easy to receive and decode. They are both vertical polarity (linear). Last month I built a simple feed for my dish using a Quaker Oats container wrapped in aluminum sheeting. It worked great and I got lots of images.

Compiling the Open Satellite code for Windows was a bit challenging, but I got it working. If you don't want to compile it, there are Windows binaries on Github in the release directory.

Currently I am building a septum feed for receiving GRB. This will also require a DVB-S2 receiver that can deal with a generic stream . Many of the TBS cards can record a generic stream using TBS Recorder, but the TBS IP tool (which we need) cannot do generic streams.

Anyway, receiving images and data from the GOES satellites is an interesting hobby!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)