Free Map Master

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I said this before and I'll say it again that I am ever so thankful for this free version of Map Master. Not so much because it is free but because of the rotten, unprofessional customer experience I had at the other place. I won't say any more than that except I wanted to smash my 922 into a million pieces and send it to him after I got off the phone. I'm so glad I didn't because this recent free version has nothing but positive reviews here and on all the other sights as well except one of course.
I already replaced my own battery last year and have been reading such good reviews and the warm welcoming of this recent MapMaster that I have completely regained my interest in C-Band and 4DTV again.
So once again, a special thanks to everyone who helped develop the real MapMaster.

Ooops. Sorry Scott.
You can delete my last statement if you want.
I was doing several things at once and took over an hour to write that and didn't see your last statement

With the new mapping being free and all, I wonder what the price of the 4DTV receivers will be in the next few months. I thought 4DTV was dying a slow natural death, I wish I had picked up the one I saw for free in a yard sale early this year. :(

STARGAZE

You misunderstood something in my post. When I said "If you send a receiver to a shop they have the equipment to make sure the install goes well" I was talking about the Map Master install and not batteries. This was directed at ATS as a installer too if someone is not up to doing the installer themselves and does not want to risk screwing up a receiver.

The instructions were modified today and re-posted to the web site
Changes were made to pages 3, 4 & 6 & 7.
If you see anything that does not make sense please let me know.
Also posted a 1 page 4DTV BDM print out for a handy reference.
Please check them out.
If anything does not make sense let me know.

The DSR920 is great if you want to subscribe and have a dish mover. It doesn't have the ratings lock. it only does the higher symbol rates. You probably won't be able to tune the 14630, 11710, 9760, 4880 SR channels when they open(mine doesn't tune those). The DSR922 does all of the lower SR but has the ratings bug which is simple to remove. The DSR905 does all of the SR that the 922 does but does not move the dish. The 920's can be had cheaply. I have seen 905's sell pretty cheap. 922s are the higher priced ones with the most features. If I could only have one I would choose a 922. My first one was a 920 and it is my favorite.

I did, I did, I did. Come on now, who added custom maps and channels(i.e. MC) to their IRD first? Who bought the USBBDM and programmed their box first, all manually without the program? Who got the code from Rod Hewitt so MM could be developed? Just wanted to say, this has been a concerted effort... With that said, I feel much better, Long live 4DTV and MapMaster! Glad to see it freeware, too. If I can be of any assistance, email me.

Yes it could have been worded better, and while I did not mention that at at beginning there were like 17 people involved in the project, but at the end only 3 of us were there. I was responding to a post that was made where some things were mentioned that even when I replied could have been better written. Such as the end maps coming out were written by me. Not discounting anything you put out in the effort to get this out there.

Lonewolf, we tried contacting you many times and could not so we had no idea if you were still around or what had happened but you were not there to see the reasons for many of the things that occurred.
Also it was not as if anyone decided to gang up on anyone else. There was no amount of reasoning that would help.
When you have an individual deceiving others it and they were asked to stop and flat out refused then it was time to take the good name of the program and bring it out to the people so that the work of all who were involved in it would be enjoyed by all.

Hmm, I'm getting a "Hardware Incompatible" message when trying to use my BDM cable with 64 bit Windows 7.

And I can't seem to get the usbjtag program to launch on 32 bit Windows XP Pro - error message about application configuration being incorrect. Tried removing, download again, and install but can't get it to start.

And it doesn't seem to want to run on 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04

ki7rw@dellXPS15:~/Downloads/usbjtagnt$ ./UJmodem
./UJmodem: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ki7rw@dellXPS15:~/Downloads/usbjtagnt$ sudo aptitude search libusb-1.0.0-dev
i libusb-1.0-0-dev - userspace USB programming library development files
ki7rw@dellXPS15:~/Downloads/usbjtagnt$ uname -a
Linux dellXPS15 3.2.0-25-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 23 20:30:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
ki7rw@dellXPS15:~/Downloads/usbjtagnt$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0408:2fb1 Quanta Computer, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 8086:0189 Intel Corp.
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit
ki7rw@dellXPS15:~/Downloads/usbjtagnt$ lsmod | grep usb
usbtest 31225 0
btusb 18288 2
bluetooth 180104 23 bnep,rfcomm,btusb

Last edited:
Turned out that the driver didn't load in XP and that's why the usbjtag software wouldn't launch. Got that resolved but now I'm getting the same error message that I got with Windows 7 (that is, incompatible hardware). Back to my research/debugging. :mad::rant::coffee

just a quck thought, I was getting that error when I had not activated my device and when i had not configured the settings for a dsr-922 or whichever you have.

Under the tools click config under category make sure it is set for Dishird and target select 922 0r 9xx

Under the tools click config under category make sure it is set for Dishird and target select 922 0r 9xx

I just figured that out. The instructions at https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...w0ZHR2bWFwbWFzdGVyfGd4OjM2Y2U3NDZiYjAwZWY3Yzg that I read implied that you can register first and then select Dishird and 922. Maybe the instructions should be rewritten?

Still trying to figure out how to make this work on Linux also. The Linux setup file that I downloaded from usbjtag was designed for 32 bit Linux but it should still be usable on 64 bit Linux. Just gotta figure out what files I need to install to get it to work.

Well, I just successfully downloaded my nvram but am I missing something? Is there another program out there for editing/modifying the file other than the USBJTAGNT program?

I was able to remap all of my receivers no problem with this and much thanks to those who released this program. I was also able to add a few channels to the mostly complete maps that were provided.

I just tried to remap my receiver and screwed up the maps. Not sure what I might have done wrong. And I've been unsuccessful at restoring the maps using my original nvram file. Dare I do a factory reset and try again? Right now I don't have ANY DCII and X4 is missing from the maps.

C:/4DTV/nvram_original.bin loaded -setram Nvram
-cmpram Nvram
Time 00:00:01 (.453)

Compare data Failed address FF800000,target 00,PC memory FE

-reset
-g

Not in debug mode
-bk
-R
-setram Nvram

-cmpram Nvram
Time 00:00:01 (.391)

-reset 1
-R

-g
-bk
-R
-setram Nvram
-cmpram Nvram
Time 00:00:01 (.453)

-reset 1

-R

-g
-R
-reset 1

-R

-g
-bk
-R
-setram Nvram

-cmpram Nvram
Time 00:00:01 (.329)

-reset 1
-R
-R
-reset 1
-R
-g
-bk

-R
C:/Users/ki7rw/Downloads/4DTV/nvram_original_with_a4.bin loaded
-setram Nvram
-cmpram Nvram
Time 00:00:01 (.328)

Compare data OK
-reset 1
-init

-R
-reset 1
-R

Last edited:
Wow, you sure are having a time of it all.

Are you reading the instructions properly?

Did you send an email to the address on the "Home" page of the files web site?

If you read the instructions on the files web site it says you need to go to the "Home" page and email for the link for the Map Master Restoration program.

The program was not put on that site so that the programmer can gauge how much interest there is in the program itself. ( I only mention this since I see in one of your posts you ask if there is another program besides the Jtag program..).

ok follow these simple steps after you have all the proper tools and followed the outlined instructions....

1) you should have already downloaded the nvram from the receiver and saved a copy... right????
2) go find that copy and make a new copy of it in a folder.
3) from the web site where the files are located download #9 "New Motorola Maps" to that folder you just created.
3) open the map master restoration program and click on "Maps"
4) then click on load bin file.... find that COPY of the nvram you just made and click on it.
5) Once loaded then click on "MAPS" again but now you want to click on "Load Master Maps"..... then
6) locate the file you downloaded #9 New Motorola Maps and click on it.
7) once you have done this now rename your new file to something like "Test_1" and save it.
8) now go back to the Jtag program and send this new bin file you just created as Test _1 to the 4DTV.
9) follow the Jtag instructions to send it to the receiver and the proper shutdown procedures.
10) you should be done..........

I just put this up here from the top of my head so I hope I did not miss any steps.

I would also download the single page BDM instruction sheet and print it out and follow it exactly when sending/receiving to the 4DTV.

Well, somehow I missed the part about sending the email to get the MM program. Second, when I did send an email the recipient told me that my email was sent to his spam folder (good thing he checked his spam folder). Third, I was under the impression that the usbbdmnt program was capable of editing the maps ad/or restoring the maps. Oh well, I'm sure that I didn't brick my 4DTV since I do have sats showing up and was able to program their positions - just not all of them are there and no DCII channels show up. I do have a much lower TDT count. Anyway, if I did cause some things to be unrecoverable all I can say is that it was fun while it lasted. By the way, I did save the original nvram and I also saved the nvram with the ratings ceiling fix applied.

Well, somehow I missed the part about sending the email to get the MM program. Second, when I did send an email the recipient told me that my email was sent to his spam folder (good thing he checked his spam folder). Third, I was under the impression that the usbbdmnt program was capable of editing the maps ad/or restoring the maps. Oh well, I'm sure that I didn't brick my 4DTV since I do have sats showing up and was able to program their positions - just not all of them are there and no DCII channels show up. I do have a much lower TDT count. Anyway, if I did cause some things to be unrecoverable all I can say is that it was fun while it lasted. By the way, I did save the original nvram and I also saved the nvram with the ratings ceiling fix applied.

I am sorry you had such a hard time. The original announcement was at fridgefta.info under the 4DTV forum. Reading those threads would have been a BIG help to you and saved you loads of time. We spent a lot of time creating documentation to make the task easy. All the file locations are there for easy access. There are also posts on this forum along with several others which tell you where to go and what to do. There is now about a months worth of discussion out there.

The 4DMapMaster program is separate from the usbbdm nt program. Their program just reads/writes the nvram and/or rom. MM only works with the 256kb binary file. Most people will use just the basic map reload command and create a new binary that gets put back into the receiver. If you have your original nvram, just create a new nvram and rewrite your receiver and you will then know it's status is. You can also master reset it if you want and still load maps to restore the receiver. If you still want to play, there are advanced commands in MM that let you edit maps, dump/modify nvram and do some compares. Maybe you can discover something new that will benefit everyone. Welcome to the MM community.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts