FREE Premier Preview June 18-21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I realized we weren't watching the premier movie channels, I downgraded to the Choice Xtra + HD DVR, but kept Sports Pack for $13. Saved me more than $40 a month.

When I realized we weren't watching the premier movie channels, I downgraded to the Choice Xtra + HD DVR, but kept Sports Pack for $13. Saved me more than $40 a month.
Same here. While HBO and the other channels do offer some Original Programs I didn't watch them . Look at it this way. You could spend the movie you pay for Premium Channels and buy one dvd a month. If you need the money you can sell the dvd and get some of the money back . Or you could get a Blockbuster or Netflix account and pick what you want. Things have changed. I remember when HBO first came out. Back then it was a great deal because you didn't have other choices.

well i used to be a directv tech. Could always just put it on some one elses account! Rich people are so stupid. Any way I am not like that and have way to many morals. But technicians will do that, I know this first hand. This is why every customer should have a secret password, a tech can not activate an account without it. Sad part is I only had one customer that had it set up this way.

is there a way for a customer to activate a second recevier in the account without having to phone customer service? I want to add a third receiver for the third bedroom, but when i call in to add the second unti, it took me forever to get through..so i was wondering if there is an easier way for me to be able to add the next receiver without having to phone in cs

by the way...the original showtime/hbo series are worth the 12 bucks in my opinion...if you haven't seen weeds, dexter, huff, sopranos etc...you are missing out.

Stupid question, but during this free period, can I get free stuff from DirecTV on Demand? Like, can I download episodes of Californication (not that I ever would but just for example's sake) for free during this time?

I know we're supposed to keep CE talk to the appropriate forum, but I thought I'd mention that there may be an issue between the CE and advance scheduled recordings for this preview event. See my post in the CE forum for details.

I think the premium movie channels really arent worth the money anymore. Years ago you could count on 10-12 decent movies a month and good original programming on HBO and Showtime.

Back some years ago, getting shows like Six Feet Under, Soprano's, The Wire and Oz along with Inside the NFL made the $12 seem like a good deal.

Then they started throwing out a lot of crappy shows that got canceled, ended Deadwood without wrapping it up, and it seemed like everything new was junk. It almost seemed like the braintrust had left HBO and gone to FX, who launched a whole raft of great series at almost the same time that HBO fell apart.

New movies that I wanted to watch? Maybe 4 or 5 a month.

Considering I can get a 2-out netflix sub for the same money as one premium, or get 12 redbox movies, its not worth it from a movie perspective. Series/original premium programming? I can wait 2-3 years to make sure the show 'sticks' and isnt canceled on a cliffhanger, then rent it on dvd.

I think the guy who said that premium movie channels would be dead in 10 years was spot on. Might be closer to 5. The cheap movie rental options and VOD capabilities along with internet availability of many shows will do them in.

Stupid question, but during this free period, can I get free stuff from DirecTV on Demand? Like, can I download episodes of Californication (not that I ever would but just for example's sake) for free during this time?

Same question. I tried to download something that was part of STARZ DoD, and it told me to call to subscribe to this channel. Guess DoD isn't included???

Where I work we get Direct in the sleep rooms but all of the premium channels are locked for sub only so I guess it doesn't apply to everyone.

Or are they locked out on your Company level ?

Probably so. No reason to complain though because we are lucky that we even get this. The hospital is very cheap. They have a dumb down version of Direct that goes to the patient's rooms and has only about 20 channels. I guess we are lucky in my dept that we get all of the channels, except the premium ones.

OK guy, the Free preview is over tonight.
I am recording a movie at 11 pm tonight that last till 12:30, will they keep the free preview going till all shows are over, or will I be cut off at midnight ?

Jimbo

I'm not sure, but my guess is that at 12:00 you'll get the "searching for authorized content..." message.

I am recording a movie at 11 pm tonight that last till 12:30, will they keep the free preview going till all shows are over, or will I be cut off at midnight ?

I'm not sure, but my guess is that at 12:00 you'll get the "searching for authorized content..." message.

I have in post #1:

Should start Thursday June 18 @ 6:00am & end Monday June 22 @ 6:00am.

Thats usually the case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)