Free Previews March 2010: NHL 3/2-8 & Showtime 3/25-28

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think they do that for you, you just have to remember to go to them. :)
Usually not. When they add a new channel, then it is placed in the guide automatically, including your own favorites list. When they open already existing channels for you to view, it is usually not added to your own favorites list

Usually not. When they add a new channel, then it is placed in the guide automatically, including your own favorites list. When they open already existing channels for you to view, it is usually not added to your own favorites list

Hmmm,
Maybe I'm thinking of New Channels, like you mentioned .....

Then again, I thought that the premium channels would show up in the guide when it's in Freeview, but could be wrong.

Hmmm,
Maybe I'm thinking of New Channels, like you mentioned .....

Then again, I thought that the premium channels would show up in the guide when it's in Freeview, but could be wrong.
Every time I received a free preview of something I had to add those channels to my favorites myself. But when a new channel comes on, like BET HD, it was automatically added to my favorites even though I did not have the SD version on my list to begin with

This is probably a stupid question but will NHL Center Ice be in HD or just SD? Showtime doesn't really have any movies anymore..if I see Superhero Movie one more time I don't know what I'd do.

This is probably a stupid question but will NHL Center Ice be in HD or just SD? Showtime doesn't really have any movies anymore..if I see Superhero Movie one more time I don't know what I'd do.
No difference in the number of HD games between subscribers and free preview viewers.

Here is the TV schedule: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nhl_schedules

On March 2nd alone, 12 of the 16 telecast are in HD, which constitutes 9 of 10 games

The NHL channels show in the guide but I have them hidden in my favorites (along with them shopping channels) ;)

For some odd reason the 780 channels aren't showing up on my ancient Hughes receiver. We subscribed to MLB Extra innings years ago, but maybe they werent on that high of a number? Anyway, the game is in the clear on FSN Pittsburgh on 659....but annoying. When I try to go straight to the channel it says unavailable.

Both Devils and sharks feeds are blacked out...must be a vesus game or soemthing?

Lots of the old receivers had the 700's removed from the guide, the guide got too big last year so they made that change. This is fairly common on old SD only receivers.

If you call DirecTV they will give you a free upgrade for that receiver, but only if you subscribe to one of the premium sport season packages.

I've never seen a new channel added on its own to any of my favorits lists.
I always had to add it.
All the channels are always there to begin with. Its not like E* where they have to be uplinked,or turned on to available.

The Versus has exclusive rights on Monday/Tuesday night for any game they carry, IIRC. So that is probably why it was blacked out, it also wasn't in the center ice schedule on directv's site. Was the game carried by the teams RSNs?

The Versus has exclusive rights on Monday/Tuesday night for any game they carry, IIRC. So that is probably why it was blacked out, it also wasn't in the center ice schedule on directv's site. Was the game carried by the teams RSNs?

RSN's don't carry Versus games, they have national exclusivity.

Just logged into my D* online account and was told that I will be receiving March Mega Madness free of charge this year, no strings attached for being a loyal customer. Has anyone else received this package for free ? I am a loyal customer and have subscribed to NFL Season Ticket, but have not subscribed to the NBA ( I hate the NBA with a passion), NFL or MLB packages, I thought it was very generous of them to offer me the NCAA package.

Just logged into my D* online account and was told that I will be receiving March Mega Madness free of charge this year, no strings attached for being a loyal customer. Has anyone else received this package for free ? I am a loyal customer and have subscribed to NFL Season Ticket, but have not subscribed to the NBA ( I hate the NBA with a passion), NFL or MLB packages, I thought it was very generous of them to offer me the NCAA package.

That's your anniversary gift and has nothing to do with occassional free previews for everyone. You should probably start a new thread for your question.

Lots of the old receivers had the 700's removed from the guide, the guide got too big last year so they made that change. This is fairly common on old SD only receivers.

If you call DirecTV they will give you a free upgrade for that receiver, but only if you subscribe to one of the premium sport season packages.

Unless they changed their rules, when I had to upgrade my almost 10 year old RCA receiver because there was no 700s, they gave me a free upgrade (and free shipping on that) without having to subscribe to anything. But I've been with them since 1995.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts