Free sat v7 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree with your explanation, but still, with a 33" I think he should be able to pull in the main NBC transponders on 103, maybe not reliably (especially during rain/snow), but still detect them.

Not a chance imo. If he had a good satellite meter he might see some action of the SNR coming out of background but highly doubt he could get a lock. He has a 33" dish, I was using a 100cm dish and I could get a lock with that if it was dialed dead on but any rain fade or the wind blowing across the face of the dish and I would lose them. Just not enough capture area on a 33" dish for 8-psk. Anything is possible but that seems highly improbable on such a small dish.

Not a chance imo. If he had a good satellite meter he might see some action of the SNR coming out of background but highly doubt he could get a lock. He has a 33" dish, I was using a 100cm dish and I could get a lock with that if it was dialed dead on but any rain fade or the wind blowing across the face of the dish and I would lose them. Just not enough capture area on a 33" dish for 8-psk. Anything is possible but that seems highly improbable on such a small dish.

9 yrs ago, i got good solid signal on 103 8psk with my 36"... My be because I am so far south. Aka texas

I have no problem getting the NBC muxes reliably (has to be a fairly strong rain before they disappear) on my 80cm dish, where the LNB is about 3 1/2 degrees off-centre. Same with PBS & Montana on 125 (on-centre LNB), which is stronger (has more leeway before drop-off).

Every dish I have at my house are either repurposed dish network dishes or hugesnet dishes. I have been succesfull at reliably picking up 103w with as small as a dish 500 but it's iffy when you get a decent rain. Currently I use a turbo Hd dish for 105w as the primary and 97w on the side reliably even in wind. But it takes a lot of tweaking to get the focal Point right. I've played around with them enough I can set one up in a few hours.

As far as the v7 receiver it's mostly useless in my experience however it does pick up the heroes/decades/movies mix when nothing else I have will but won't pick up most other things a linkbox 9000i will on the same dish. One of the best "cheap" receivers I have ever used is the x2 hd+ but they seem to be getting rare now. I still currently use one full time at my shop.

As with most things I have discovered that going cheap in this hobby winds up costing you more. And since I cut the cord about a year ago and fta is now an integral part of our tv viewing the linkbox fills the bill about the best of any receiver I have used especially since I have the one with the terrestrial option. The dvr capabilities could be better but we've adapted pretty well. Between the channels we get OTA and the pbs mix, NBC, velocity and what little we watch on 97 there is a nice mix of stuff to watch when not streaming from sling or Netflix.

Thank you to all. I know its grey area. But is the v7 8psk or not. I get all of 125 but 8psk feeds. On a 90cm. 95+% solid locks. Infact no 8psk from any bird.
. Again fta only.. .. Lnbs are set for universal lnb 9150-10750.. 3 90cm dish all running. Guessing i need to put up c dish for 131

Thinking ill try my c lnb on my 90cm, as i get all the c tp's right now with ku. It literally sees all the c tp's.
Input on this go or no go for trial.

Thinking ill try my c lnb on my 90cm, as i get all the c tp's right now with ku. It literally sees all the c tp's.
Input on this go or no go for trial.
No sure what you mean by you are getting a c tp's with ku?
I will tell you this. You are not going to get ANY C-Band transponders with a Ku LNBF.
Also you will not get any C-Band on the 90cm with just a C-Band LNBF. Likely you will not get anything as the reflector size is too small.
There have been guys that have gotten a transponder or two, but just barely and mainly just for bragging rights and experimentation.
If you choose this endeavor you will also need a conical scalar. But, just so you know, you will get nothing reliable. ;)

Yes the v7 does receive 8psk channels. I get 80-83% signal on my 4ft geosatpro dish on 125w, i get 72% signal for the nbc east & west on my 3ft geosatpro dish. Located in quebec city , canada.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Yes the v7 does receive 8psk channels. I get 80-83% signal on my 4ft geosatpro dish on 125w, i get 72% signal for the nbc east & west on my 3ft geosatpro dish. Located in quebec city , canada.

Hmm ok. Maybe its my lnb? Aka 103 , not one 8psk . 90cm, universal lnb,.... All qpsk are a+ or maybe im off somehow. And im using a satfinder.

I’ve experimented with C-Band on my 76cm dish with a old DMS international C-Band LNB and a scaler ring on my Amiko Mini HD RE. I was only able to get a very bad quality radio station (91 AM Superstation) on 91w. 16%Q was the best I could get on it. Basically just squeak’s. It isn’t even worth buying a LNB for this purpose. I wouldn’t go for anything under 6ft for C-Band.

Reactions: Horsepower
Hmm ok. Maybe its my lnb? Aka 103 , not one 8psk . 90cm, universal lnb,.... All qpsk are a+ or maybe im off somehow. And im using a satfinder.

The 8psk has nothing to do with the lnb. The receiver process those different signals. My 90cm geosatpro came with a geosat pll lnb and that makes a big difference. My 4ft dish has a 0.2 lnb and i got only a 10% difference in signal quality on 103w for the nbc mux.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The 8psk has nothing to do with the lnb. The receiver process those different signals. My 90cm geosatpro came with a geosat pll lnb and that makes a big difference. My 4ft dish has a 0.2 lnb and i got only a 10% difference in signal quality on 103w for the nbc mux.

The GeoSat Pro SL1PLL and SL2PLL LNBF's are great. That's all I use. I do have one Maverick ML1PLL LNBF and it's pretty good as well.

So does nbc need to be one the pll lnb. Each of my dishes are single lnb dishes.

For NBC on 103, you need to have the dish pointed dead-on. Otherwise you won't get it. At least that's my experience. You don't NEED a PLL LNB, but they are VERY GOOD LNB's.

Probably the strongest transponder on 103 is 12145 V 20000. Try pulling that one in, then try 11880 H 30000.

For NBC on 103, you need to have the dish pointed dead-on. Otherwise you won't get it. At least that's my experience. You don't NEED a PLL LNB, but they are VERY GOOD LNB's.

Probably the strongest transponder on 103 is 12145 V 20000. Try pulling that one in, then try 11880 H 30000.

11880 in list but no sigs. Dish is 35.?" sig strength is 98, sig q is 76-80

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)