Free Shipping?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Most of the FTA websites I've been on they sell dishes cheap, but with shipping there just too expensive! Does anyone know of any sites that have free shipping?

As long as you get a dish under 39" the shipping costs from the site sponsors are quite reasonable. (If you have not checked the site sponsors, you should :D )

With the weight of an FTA dish, you aren't going to find FREE shipping unless you go pick it up. If they did offer free shipping then the price would go up on the dish to offset the shipping.

Also I highly recommend something larger than "31" Dish (Coming Soon)." A 36" or 39" dish now is a better deal than getting a 31" now and upgrading later, unless you want many dishes.

The only way you will get close to free shipping is if you pick one up locally and the dealer order a trailer load for the dish you like,, not likely.

Go to UPS.com and enter for a wingard 1 meter dish 47 x 44 x 7 @ 50lbs.
Don't pass out,, we do not get free shipping from UPS.

The best setup minimum is:

Wingard 76cm with a Invacom SNH-031
Geosat 90cm with a geosat Digital .4
Obviously a Geo 90 with a Invacom SNH is even better.
These are the 2 best made dishes in the USA period !

Jimmy

I dont Live In The North Pole!

I keep getting replies from people that I need a 36-48 inch satellite dish for fta. Well I got news for you:p I live in Central Illinois Im smack dead center in the footprints of the birds. I think a 30 or 31" dish is PLENTY:D

Ok, you asked for recommendations and people gave you them. If you are fine with the smaller dish, then by all means, go for it.

I keep getting replies from people that I need a 36-48 inch satellite dish for fta. Well I got news for you:p I live in Central Illinois Im smack dead center in the footprints of the birds. I think a 30 or 31" dish is PLENTY:D

Rock on then...

There's been a few times where I wished I had a 120cm to pull out the weak signal.

Remember that you are still a long way from 129, 123, & 101 satellites. No one has the best location for all of the satellites! I live right under 123W (G-10) and it is still a hard Satellite to get on a 76CM. Remember, the larger the dish the more you will be able to tune.
Bob

I keep getting replies from people that I need a 36-48 inch satellite dish for fta. Well I got news for you:p I live in Central Illinois Im smack dead center in the footprints of the birds.
you've had FTA how long?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think a 30 or 31" dish is PLENTY:D
then don't come crying to us when you can't get some of the channels or they're very weak. I'm in MN and wish I could do a 100cm motorized but due to the setup and my house I can't.

We're trying to give you some advice and it seems like all you want to do is criticize us.

And the only way to really get free shipping as noted is to pick it up....or buy the dish at a delaer that sells it for $40 more and throws in "free shipping"

I think you should get a fourteen foot Paraclipse dish?
If you can find one?

Al

The reason a 36" is recommended is shipping is about the same, dish is what? $10-$20 more at most, and it DOES help. It gives you the best cost-performance ratio.

Anything larger than 36" gets $$$ to ship.

The 3ABN is, IMO, a great deal if still available.

Tim

Your signature says "90cm Dish coming soon". So I am glad you took the advice of members here and ordered a bigger dish.

Even though 31" will do at your location, but bigger dish is better specially if you decide to motorize your system in the future.

FREE Shipping for dishes (30"+), is not practical for sellers. Shipping, Packing Material, insurance and Packaging costs add up.

32" or 36"

It says on 3abn.org that the dish is 36" but on the install.pdf on there website it says it's a 32" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It says on 3abn.org that the dish is 36" but on the install.pdf on there website it says it's a 32" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
This was discussed recently in another thread. It's taller than it is wide, but the measurements equal that of the generally accepted 36" offset dish.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/111382-3abn-dish-size.html

I don't mean to be rude, but there is a link that you can use to find virtually 100% of the things that you've asked about since you've started posting here:
SatelliteGuys.US - Search Forums

It's generally considered rude to expect people to take time to read and answer your posts when you have not taken time to do your own research. Now, with saying that, I have certainly re-asked the same question numerous times before too - either because I didn't know enough to recognize the answer given before, or it didn't occur to me that someone else would have had such an ingenious question as mine, or sometimes I ask the same question to see if I can spur some discussion that brings about more information. Please consider doing adequate research to be knowledgeable, and posting questions in a respectful manner. We'll gladly help in any way that we can, as it's nice to have others who are as excited as we are about this hobby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)