Please reply by conversation.

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Anyone know where I could go to find what FTA is available in East Asia (specifically Philippines)?

I tried Google, but couldn't find SatelliteGuys, Philippine version. :)

You would have to know what sats are visible from that location (dishpointer.com?) and then you could look at them on Lyngsat (some info may be out of date) to get an idea of what is available.

You would have to know what sats are visible from that location (dishpointer.com?) and then you could look at them on Lyngsat (some info may be out of date) to get an idea of what is available.

I might just have to get a BUD and a motor over there and scan it all...

I found the (only?) pay satellite TV option in the PH: Dream TV. It's got 30 tv channels, 10 local channels, and 10 radio channels. I'm thinking FTA might be pretty limited if THAT is their pay TV. :rolleyes:

What Brian says. I have been interested in fta in the PI also, but have never bothered to try a system here (I am on vacation right now in the PI, my wife is Filipina, and this is my 8th straight year to come here for a month or more). Anyway checking lyngsat all those years, I have been tempted. the problem is the region is so widespread, according to the various footprints for the satellites, the PI may fall outside the footprints for some interesting fta channels. But you will probably find some that are not noted at lyngsat. Good luck.

As for pay service, you might check out Cignal Digital TV

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts