FreeDBS.....................

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I guess I can open it for a little bit. Update as of the other day

5/24/11
Sorry it has been so long in posting this news, we have been very busy behind the scenes. There are multiple corporations working to bring this together. Mike LeVato has been elected CEO. Business e-mails are priority and this puts us behind on FTA questions. Most asked Questions. What satellite will you be on & and when will you go up ? We will not answer these questions at this time. Equipment Questions should be referred to Manhattan Digital.

lets try to keep it on topic guys ;)

Well here we go. 1300 more posts about something we all know will end the same way it did last time. :rolleyes: :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Maybe it is just like the cheap VOIP services, an alternative that would offer a lot of free channels and perhaps some cheap paid channels as well. I guess we can dream can't we?

We should talk about FreeHD Canada. They at least seem to be a few steps ahead of FreeDBS. Unless they're in the same kind of mess.

You mean BluSky HDTV I believe. Beware when they drop the free!

I am guessing that they've realized that there are enough of us out here that'll take them up on the "FREE" option that their business model isn't going to work. Also, the CRTC has ruled that the broadcast stations can negotiate with the providers like Bell, Shaw, Rogers to charge for their signals. I'm not sure exactly when the whole "Fees for Carriage" goes into play. But.. If Free HD Canada was basing their business model on the ability to obtain the over-the-air programming for free, they now need to make some changes to their plan.

well just when you thought it was safe to go in the water................
News Release: 6/07/2011

FreeDBS site update in progress. We have lots of information coming very soon! We are putting together a list of preferred dealers and a map of the FreeDBS coverage area. Please Stay Tuned!

meanwhile I have an announcement to make....I might win the lottery someday. I think I might win the lottery before they get on the air ;)

News Release: 6/07/2011

FreeDBS site update in progress. We have lots of
information coming very soon! We are putting together a list of preferred
dealers and a map of the FreeDBS coverage area. Please Stay
Tuned!
:facepalm

menus look eerily familiar to a Openbox S9/S10

The SoC is the same as the Openbox S9, the Ali M3602.

The Manhattan 1933 has been developed and is manufactured by JIUZHOU Electric Group Co., Ltd., China. $200 is quite a steep asking price for any Ali build. Would expect to see the price quickly settle in at around $135us.

Maybe the development team incorporated protection on the Manhattan firmware, otherwise every $100 Openbox S-9 will become a Manhattan / Jiuzhou product....... :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.