FreeDBS.....................

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
My theory is this

If Freedbs shows up some day with channels...yay!
If they dont ever see the light of day...oh well, life goes on

Its not like these channels were here and now they're gone. They havent been here yet

couldnt have said it better.

i think im gonna start "heckling" hydrogen fuel cells and electric cars cause even tho they are good for the environment they havent been made already so all the companies developing that technology are crazy and fictional. fml you crazy donkeys. a word or dollar of encouragement goes a long way. i hope they encrypt and all the nay sayers dont get cams. whats wrong with being positive??? if it was me trying to uplink and i saw all this bs i woulda said f it long ago. koodos to freedbs for trying. what have "YOU" done lately to put more tv in the air for free???

crackt out,.

rv1pop said:
Hmm. Using both H fuel cells (in a generation Building) and Electric Cars in this small town, (at PSE), but can not get FreeDBS.

if seeing is believing i dont believe you. i havent seen either locally. you must be from mars.

crackt out,.

edit: ignorance added to prove a point.

edit edit: oh wait you must be full of s#%& cuz theres no proof of life on mars.

Last edited:
...i hope they encrypt and all the nay sayers dont get cams...

From the clips I've seen streamed from their site, I definitely wouldn't buy a cam & sub.

...whats wrong with being positive???...

Not a thing. I truly hope that you are right & I am wrong. I'm just not a believer. One member made a very good point earlier in this thread. Other than their own web site, there's no evidence that they are actually doing anything in preparation for operation.

...koodos to freedbs for trying...

But see, that's the problem (and the source of our skepticism)... there's no evidence that they are trying.

...what have "YOU" done lately to put more tv in the air for free???...

Nothing, and quite frankly, that's a ridiculous argument that has nothing to do with anything. Are you saying that since I don't climb down chimneys and deliver presents to children myself that I'm required to believe in Santa? That just doesn't make any sense.

You seem like an alright guy. We've had pleasant exchanges in the past (and I hope we do again in the future). I'm just completely baffled as to why you are taking this Freedbs stuff so personal. It's just TV... well... not in this case. :)

Cheers

Currently believing in FreeDBS is much like believing in Santa, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Its a fairy tale at the moment.

I want to believe, honestly I do.

Dreaming about FreeDBS is like dreaming about winning the lotto. So many great thoughts and ideas.

Hopefully someday the fairy tale with become a reality, but until then we can all just dream.

OK everyone-

Take FreeDBS with a grain of salt. A year ago they had on their site that they were in negotiations with WS TV. I had been in corrospondence with WS TV at that time, and according to the CEO, FreeDBS had never been in contact with them and that there was never any negotiations going on. Victor Ives at my request did check into FreeDBS, but he stated to me in an email that their attempts to contact FreeDBS for information or a business plan was never answered.

White Springs TV has stated to me that they do not understand FreeDBS's business plan but would be willing to discuss things if they would ever respond to their inquests.

Now for me, any Organization falsely reporting "Pending Negotiations" with another Company that they have never been in contact with cry's WOLF in capitol letters! However if they are truly undergoing a transformation, in which a legitimate organization is taking over, then it is possible to take them seriously, only time will tell.

I have further prove of false statements made by FreeDBS, in which I saved the emails of corrospondance. But some of these emails I must keep confidential or risk losing the trust of the Companies I deal with. I have kept quiet until now hoping that FreeDBS would prove themselves, and I have contacted them on a several occasions confronting them with the facts I have. But they gave me a song and dance and run around concerning the facts, and finally stopped replying to my emails. Does this type of behavior sound familiar????

To a few of the members of this site I have already supplied you the copies of several email corrospondance's concerning this matter so you know what I am talking about. For the rest, we can only hope that a legit organization has taken over this endeavor and prospects may improve.

Had to add this bit; To prove my point, go ahead and email FreeDBS concerning this, then email WS TV, you will find that what I have stated is true. The only way they can prove me wrong is if they had eventually responded to WS TV since my last comunications with Victor Ives.

One more thing here, we lost a great FTA station when WS TV left 129W!

Last edited:
also I noticed Skyvision/Mike Kohl has the receiver that freedbs is "suppose" to be using (Manhattan 1933) for pre-order for 200 bucks. Claims last week of June delivery

Manual is downloaded in the downloads sections
Manhattan RS-1933 receiver - Downloads - SatelliteGuys.US

and the menus look eerily familiar to a Openbox S9/S10

Ice,

I'm not finding this offer to pre-order one. Can you put up a link where you saw it?

if seeing is believing i dont believe you. i havent seen either locally. you must be from mars.

crackt out,.

edit: ignorance added to prove a point.

edit edit: oh wait you must be full of s#%& cuz theres no proof of life on mars.

Sorry, Puget Sound Energy is not a small company. They have a power plant in Goldendale WA and they are working to develop a usable consumer H fuel cell. Science "repeatable" at this point, YES. Mobile or absolutely reliable, not quite yet. Electric cars using solar and wind and as you wish to express, METHANE GAS producing power, as well as fuel cells, yes; on the road, YES. For sale NO...
No flames accepted.

what's to be gained by heckling them? It's not like they're conning people out of their money. maybe they're full of hot air but hey I like cheering for the little old ant or the underdog and if at the end of the day nothing happens, I'm no worse off. I just don't understand all the vitriol.

It could be like those impatient with Dish Network rolling out their future products and services (some turn into vaporware). You just don't really know 100% whether some of it will come to fruitition yet.

In this case, if they have not applied with the FCC then that concerns me because it takes a good while to get things like that approved don't it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.