FreedomPop Free Internet Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Checking my area produced "No Coverage" but I could still sign up for the Mobile Hot-Spot. They suggested checking the coverage map, but I never saw a link for it on FreedomPop's website. Scott, do you have access to that information as a customer?

When it showed you that there was no coverage it should have given you a link to the coverage map. Here's the link: http://www.freedompop.com/coverage

Great concept. Most would not be able to receive the service it seems. Perhaps in a few years a lot of the towers will be upraded to 4G by that time and it will also be enough time to see if this service will stick around or not be free anymore. Reminds me of Netzero. I thought I read that the same company that had Netzero or some other similar free dialup internet service a while back got into this Freedompop company.

It would be cool is if they merged this with another concept like Meraki or FON (Fonera) by allowing the routers to serve as a network themselves serving other people. There could be some setup with a larger antenna to receive reception from the towers that others may not get with the device itself as simply.

When it showed you that there was no coverage it should have given you a link to the coverage map. Here's the link: http://www.freedompop.com/coverage

hmm, i dont trust the map, many people around here have sprint with no problem, yet it shows no coverage in the area i know people use it.

i guess they are just saying they cant guarantee it will work.

Thanks for the review Scott.

For those who have requested referals they have been sent... so far I have sent a number of them and no one has received one yet. :(

No Sprint around here or I would try it out.

I just got an email and signed up. It was $40 for the hardware. I picked the $3.99 plan it has 500Mb per month that's a deal its running on sprint.

Anyone have an update on these guys. I've read a lot of bad reviews about them but people are quick to complain and slow to praise.
Also, I thought about signing up with a prepaid Visa but a quick look at their site and it looks they want an expiration date for the card.
Anybody know if it's possible to use a prepaid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)