FreeView of MLB Extra Inning on DirecTv (Including HD games) July 14- July 18

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Picture definately not as good as espn hd,seems to have a lot of artifacts/pixled look.Looked the same last nite to on fsn hd west.

Same thing about this game in terms of PQ. Here is something funny or interested. HDnews on E* which gets HD highlights of FSN Northwest did a highlight of Palmeiro reaching 3000 hits last night. The video HD highlight that I saw on HDnews had the same problems as the one on D*. Like looking through a glass of smoke. After the Highlight was done, HDnews continued with other baseball HD highlights and the other were fine. It seems to me that besides the blocking on FSN West 2 HD and FSN NorthWest, there is a production problem. Maybe they are using cheap cameras or cheap equipment because the INHD highlights did not look as bad FSN. It is possible that their equipment is not superior to YES HD or ESPN HD. By the way, the ESPN HD highlights on HDnews look very good and not like looking through a glass of smoke.

I agree Sean, I notice the "smoked glass look" on FSN HD, but not the artifacts/pixelation that the others refer to, that makes me think of a cheap AVI video capture.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

Orioles at Mariners channel 95 at 4pm
Giants at Dodgers channel 96 at 4pm

PQ of MLB Extra Innings

I am sure glad DirecTV gave us free view of MLB Extra Innings. The PQ is so poor I would never want to see a ball game on TV with that poor quality picture. DirecTV is playing a very poor game for its viewer. We need some competition very soon. Everyone should cancel immediately in protest. :shocked :shocked

woljr said:
I am sure glad DirecTV gave us free view of MLB Extra Innings. The PQ is so poor I would never want to see a ball game on TV with that poor quality picture. DirecTV is playing a very poor game for its viewer. We need some competition very soon. Everyone should cancel immediately in protest. :shocked :shocked

Thanks for telling me what I should do. Actually I thought the PQ was excellent for both SD and HD games.

Have fun with Dish!

woljr said:

Ummm, well woljr, you really need to lay off the hard stuff. Which games were you talking about? EI is great. PQ is great, especially in SD, of course we would all like to see the HD PQ be like it was on YES the other day. While you have me irked, because I really like to read the furums for some REAL info and concerns, what exactly does "D* is playing a very poor game with it's viewer" mean? Usually I ignore this stuff, must have woke up in a foul mood.

FlyingJ said:
Ummm, well woljr, you really need to lay off the hard stuff. Which games were you talking about? EI is great. PQ is great, especially in SD, of course we would all like to see the HD PQ be like it was on YES the other day. While you have me irked, because I really like to read the furums for some REAL info and concerns, what exactly does "D* is playing a very poor game with it's viewer" mean? Usually I ignore this stuff, must have woke up in a foul mood.

Same here J, the post just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Wanna go get coffee? Maybe thats what we need!!!! :)

FlyingJ said:

Your TV screen must be very small to get resolution out of that picture.//?

woljr said:
Your TV screen must be very small to get resolution out of that picture.//?
36 inch for the SD games and the Pany AE700 for the HD games.
Yup, that 106 inch diameter HD pic is just tiny woljr. Sounds good Chado, I am feeling better already. Woljr, are you trying to watch the SD games on an HD set?? :confused:

I watched Friday's Yanks/BoSox game via the NESN feed expecting a major letdown from the YES HD version the night before. I was truly impressed with the SD version of that game. Just an example!!

TODAY IS LAST DAY OF FREE MLB EI ON DirecTv:

Brewers vs St. Louis 95 or 96 at 8pm

woljr said:

I agree about the Poor PQ on the FSN NorthWest and FSN West2 HD channels. You may want to read a few posts before this one on the comments made by various posters and myself regarding this problem. I am sure there is some validity in your statement about DirecTv HD Lite being one factor that may have affected the PQ on these two channels. However, I saw highlights of the same games from FSN NorthWest HD on HDnews on Dish Network and the PQ problems were the same. This immediately makes me believe that there is more than meets the eye here. One possble reason is that FSN (both Northwest and West2) is using poor equipment or are doing something wrong for their PQ to look like you are watching through a smoking glass. Let's not jump into conclusion and say that DirecTv is solely responsible for the PQ problems. It maybe a factor but not all of it.

I love baseball but I do not care about SD MLB EI. I care about the HD channels that MLB EI provides. Given that both FSN West2 and FSN Northwest HD do not do such a good job, they will not get my $$$. Next year I will evaluate again. YES HD does a very good job so that is no problem for me since they are my RSN.

I have done my visual testing (all I can do) on both a 42" and 60" HDTV screens. One is 720p native resolution and the other is 768p. As I said before I do not think it is a 720p/1080i issue. Last night ESPN HD baseball game Yankees vs Boston looked excellent. I do not know how these games would look on a 36" HDTV. But it is a fact that the smaller the screen is the less one will notice any degradation in the HD feed. Some may not even notice HD Lite on smaller screens. Just my $0.02.

Sean Mota said:
the smaller the screen is the less one will notice any degradation in the HD feed. Some may not even notice HD Lite on smaller screens. .
I need to take my Samsung 360 out to the camper I keep my Hd Samsung 4x3 (27")set in along with my 6000u and compare one of these days... the 6000u gives steller PQ on it(have not tried my 921 due to cable restrictions)and you can tell the difference between sd, hd and ed (downrezzed hd via 480p replay). The ED from E* and D* source's look identical on the small set... have to wait till EspnHD has a game on and compare...

they had the Sox v Yanks yesterday and it looked great on my 106", so like Sean said its seem to be a FOX issue not a "HD Lite" or 720p v 1080i issue. its all in the production value.

Once again DirecTv fails to adequately promote something. Why not at least use the silly "message" feature. Slow learners to put it mildly.

FSN North tonigth is a little better than FSN WEST2 and FSN Northwest but still it could be better. It looks like the camera front Center Field is showing things clearer than the other cameras. The other cameras are still showing that "smoke". It also looks like there some blocking showing in the background by the "bud light' sign behind the catcher.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)