Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Baseball fans rejoice! Major league action is heating up, the All-Star game is around the corner, and we're giving all TOTAL CHOICE® customers a free preview of MLB EXTRA INNINGS(sm) from July 14–18.

We're launching the free preview right after the All-Star break, so you can catch key matchups that aren't shown on your local channels. Of course, if you order 2005 MLB EXTRA INNINGS(sm) now, you'll get those games for the rest of the season, including select games in HD*.

Source

Tomorrow channel 94 YES --- Yankees vs Boston @ 7pm ET; Channel 95 Giants vs Dodgers at 10pm ET.

Very good deal...I cant afford the baseball pack so this will be a treat for me this weekend. Baseball in HD....bring on the Movie ch's and INHD 1 and 2 next. Im starting to get excitied. Hopefully Direct deals with their PQ problem.

Anyone watching who does not have MLB EXTRA Inning? Big out of synch sound problems on YES HD tonight.

can't even get the YES HD because the game is carried on NESN....glaed I didn't dump money into that crap....

Yeah... That is a problem if your local regional channel is NESN and it is not carried in HD by D*.

No DD5.1 on YES HD today... it sucks because you cannot hear when the ball makes contact with the bat. It is muted..

Wow! YESHD looks GREEAAATT! I surely hate that after this freeview I will longer be able to see it again! YESHD should be a regular HD channel for everybody that has the sportspack, not just the regional people! You guys are lucky bastards! :D

Sean Mota said:
watching SF vs LA Dodgers on channel 95 FSN West 2 now...
Me too! It looks good also, however I must admit not as good as the Boston/Yanks game! But, who cares! Its free this week and in HD and Im a happy camper! :yes

The Yanks/Red Sox game by far the best PQ I have seen on a baseball game all year. Better than the ESPN telecasts. Yes the late game was not as good. So the question is, Why is the pq so good from YES? This is what I was looking for from D* all along!!

Yep, I am watching the SF/LA game now too and once again the 1080i has proven to look better. Maybe FOX needs to upgrade some equipment because aren't we all being told 720p should look better or is that the 720p providers telling us that?

Sean Mota said:
Anyone watching who does not have MLB EXTRA Inning? Big out of synch sound problems on YES HD tonight.

I don't have the MLB Extra Innings, but I also noticed that the audio for the Yanks/Sox game was a little ahead of the action. Game looked great though, and the end result was excellent. GO YANKS!!!!! :D

The FSN West 2 looks like you are watching through a smoking glass. There is also compression artifacts shown behind home plate. Overall very dull... Hope that tonights game is not like that on FSN.

Sean Mota said:

Did yours ever clear up? I didn't have any sync issue with eiter game.

charper1 said:
Yep, I am watching the SF/LA game now too and once again the 1080i has proven to look better. Maybe FOX needs to upgrade some equipment because aren't we all being told 720p should look better or is that the 720p providers telling us that?

I read an artical on this about a year or so ago. It seems that Fox, ABC, and ESPN chose to go with 720p for quality issues of some kind. It looks to me that whoever made that choice was dead wrong. I think Fox may have further issues due to the fact that they are multicasting. (at least in some cities if not all) I can only speak on NY about this. I get CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, (Same stations as D's eastcoast HD package) off air. CBS is the only one that does not multicast. I think that's why we see better PQ from them than we do from the others. Same holds true for The Yes Network they are broadcasting 1180I with no multicasting.

But how or why would local multi-casting be an issue for HD feeds that are supposed to be direct fed from the provider's production truck (FOX Sports in this case) or from their uplink facility, to their rented satellite transponder for DirecTV (in our case) to pull it and beam it to us. Where does the multi-casting get in? Don't all providers generally work this way for live events? It seems all that would be of the regional affiliate side, or the local cable company side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)