Freeze Frame

Andrew Sullivan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Arizona
Every couple hours my picture will freeze for 2 seconds. I have cold rebooted everything. Changed out HDMI cables. Checked all connections. If I rewind and play back the freeze is not there. I'm not sure if it happens on recorded material.

You're not alone.
Has been happening for months if not a year or more.
Its happening all across the country.
Apparently D* doesn't care or is unable to fix it.
Our choice is to live with it or switch providers.

You're not alone.
Has been happening for months if not a year or more.
Its happening all across the country.
Apparently D* doesn't care or is unable to fix it.
Our choice is to live with it or switch providers.
You can live with what you want. I have never had that issue with my Genie 2 system

I have been living with it and I'm glad you're not have the same problem. My question now becomes even more confusing. Why me and not you? If it's been happening all across the country I wonder what reasons DirecTV is giving for the cause of the problem. When you call them they always have you do the exact same thing. Unplug and wait. Check signal strength etc etc blah blah blah. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them that you've done that with other cr's.

Every couple hours my picture will freeze for 2 seconds. I have cold rebooted everything. Changed out HDMI cables. Checked all connections. If I rewind and play back the freeze is not there. I'm not sure if it happens on recorded material.
Would be good to know what equipment you have and on what tvs...
My HR-54 has no problem but my C-61 does it just like above.

I've had the hs17 for a couple of years now along with a c71. The really defining point is that when I rewind and play back the freeze is not there. When I explained that to several cr's it's like I was asking them how a black hole works. I have come up the line to second stage techs but to no avail. As I am writing this Sporys Center just froze. Sigh.

I've had this issue ever since I switched to DTV. It really is the main reason I am thinking about moving back to Comcast. That and the DVR always freezes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)