French channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intuitionsys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
A friend of mine at work is looking for a listing of French channels available in Canada. Anybody know a site that has a fairly concise listing (besides lyngsat)? Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Anik-F1 has quite a bit of French speaking channels. As to the listing of what is there, sorry, lynsat is all I can tell you.

French channels (bis)

Someone asked if there is a list of French-language channels available to FTAers. Since that earlier thread has been closed, I will respond with a new one.

Here is a list of channels with some French-language programming that I watch in North America Ku-band:
CCTV in French (G 3C)
RTS Sénégal (IA5)
2M Maroc (IA5)
Canal Algérie (IA5)
Tunis 7 (IA5)
Télé Citronelle used to be on IA5... Is it still there?
VTV4 Viet Nam (IA5) may have some in French...

Lyngsat is still the best place to look.

Othea said:
Someone asked if there is a list of French-language channels available to FTAers. Since that earlier thread has been closed, I will respond with a new one.

Here is a list of channels with some French-language programming that I watch in North America Ku-band:
CCTV in French (G 3C)
RTS Sénégal (IA5)
2M Maroc (IA5)
Canal Algérie (IA5)
Tunis 7 (IA5)
Télé Citronelle used to be on IA5... Is it still there?
VTV4 Viet Nam (IA5) may have some in French...

Lyngsat is still the best place to look.

Thanks I'll check those out tonight and on Lyngsat. ExpressVu has a pretty decent French language lineup but my friend was interested in what was available FTA because we got to talking while I was putting the dish together. He didn't even know what FTA was.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)