Freq Differences

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

daveplot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Salisbury, MD
I finally got my dish pointed correctly and did a scan of IA-6. Comparing what was found with what is at lyngsat, there are a few differences.

For example ABC ABSAT was found on 12051 h and v, where lyngsat has it at 12053 v and 12058 v. There are differences like this on the other channels too.

Is there something wrong with one of my settings?

Also some of the channels have $ before them, what does that mean?

Thanks.

No you are fine, all LNB and receivers are slightly out to each others (brands) then add to that the blind search and it sometimes stops short of the exact freq.......

The $ means that the receiver thinks it's scrambled. Sometimes you'll see this on channels that are in the clear -- I don't know why. More often, you'll get a solid quality signal and a blank screen, which means the scrambling is working. :)

daveplot...I just recently figured that out with my Satwork 3618. The transponders are 10Mhz higher on lyngsat and the symbol rates are 5Mhz lower on there. So now I know that I have to add or subtract to find out what they really are. Now its second nature when I look at the frequency I just convert it in my head. Thanks to PSB and others, I finally figured that out!

yep. It all depends on your setup

When I smart scan G10, it has been known to scan in a TP as
11717, 11718, 11719 or 11720 depending on the day :)

The $ says its scrambled, but may not be. There are some christian channels on AMC4 that have a $ in front, so when you scan for "FTA Only" it wont pick it up. But these come in at a 99 quality if you say "scan all" :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)