Friday Fun Poll 6/27

do you normally park it on the same satellite at night when done?

• yes it usually ends up at _____________

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • yes as I have a fixed system

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • yes and it is parked on G1/G15 so I can update the guide (4DTV guys)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • no it can be on a multitude of satellites

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I dont turn my system off at night

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This weeks fun poll question :)

Normally when you are done with your FTA system for the night, do you park it on the same satellite?

yes it usually ends up at __________ (fill in the blank with the satellite)
yes as I have a fixed system
yes and it is parked on G1/G15 so I can update the guide (4DTV guys)
no it can be on a multitude of satellites
I dont turn my system off at night

yes and it usually is at G26/IA6/T6

why? two fold
1. thats my true south so if something happens I know its on TS
2. I have been known to fall asleep watching Doc Scott. He is good cure for insomnia :)

I almost always turn it back to 91w - my true south - for some reason in my mind I "think" that it might lessen the stress on the motor - not sure if it matters.

Could be anywhere...but most of the time the C-band dish overnights @ G4 (Letterman is MY insomnia cure), and the Ku dish snoozes @ G18. :)

yes and it usually is at G10R

Yes, my 4DTV dishes go to G1/G15 for the updates.

My DVB Big dishes are parked at G11 because that is my true south.

My motorized Ku dish stays on G10.

Nothing ever gets shut off except the 4DTV systems and in time of storms.

I usually fall asleep during MASH or Cheers which follows on KKYK. :)

I hope Unreliable Sources starting 5 nights a week on July 7th doesn't take up that time slot. If it does, I'll have to find something else to go to sleep by. :)

Wherever it stops is where it stays. here lately though my cband dish has been parked on G26 for the S2 Equity Mux. Gotta have my nightly fix of Mission:Impossible...(Cinnamon...ummmmm :heart)

;)

My motorized ku stays on G10 lately, haven't had time to chase feeds or look at much tv, but RTN channels have the best variety I think, for me ( I like to call it
inoffensive tv, haha)
My big c-band has been on G11 for quite a while now..
and the little c-band (5'-yep) has been on AMC6 for a week or so now, since I finally got NASA tuned back in and stable. Other primestars are pointed at AMC5 (NYN),
G11 (occasional TVG feeds lol)
OH yeah and the other c-band for the LR is pointed at the Law and Order satellite (G5, TNT)
That's more dishes than the law allows I think.

If I didn't have a fixed dish on G-10R (OOPS, I mean G-18), I'd park my dish there. As it is, my motorized often gets parked on Echo 7 because of NASA. I try not to move it any more than I have to (reduce stress on motor), therefore I don't move it to TS every night/morning.

My receiver usually ends up tuned to one of the RTN affiliates :D

My C band dish always parks at G-1 at night to get the 4DTV updates. My Ku dishes are always parked on the same birds since they are fixed :)

My 4dtv is generally on G1/G15, but is set-up to move to G1/G15 overnight, if it is turned off....
My fixed dishes, like the Torodial and Primestar are, well they're fixed.....
My 3 ku dedicated motorized dishes are liable to be anywhere, where ever they are, when ever......
and that's why my vote went to "no it can be on a multitude of satellites".......
My C-Band (primarily used for FTA) is where ever it's at, when ever.........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts