Friday Fun Poll May 2nd

do You have OTA and do you receive RTN OTA?

• No I don't suppliment my FTA with OTA

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Yes, but I don't have a local RTN or Unable to Receive their OTA signal

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Yes I do suppliment my FTA and I do receive RTN via OTA

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
I did not see a new Friday Fun Poll for today, so I thought I would put one up.... (I hope you don't mind Iceburg)

Do you suppliment your FTA with OTA?
Do you receive RTN VIA OTA?

I do have an antenna for the digital signals, and I do receive WNGS (RTN) via digital antenna.

as to the poll I voted the 2nd one

I have OTA supplemented my FTA but the OTA is more because I have a HDTV :)
The only stations we have in Minneapolis that Equity owns are WUMN Univision (which I get pretty clear considering they're like 1000 watts) and (call sign escapes me) but its channel 7 and will be Telefutura (someday)...right now its Daystar

I was going to reply, but I didn't see a poll option, thanks Iceberg for adding it :)

I pickup the LA locals with an outdoor antenna and I can pickup RTN with an indoor antenna pointing in the opposite direction (towards Santa Barbara).

I get all my RTN via FTA. OTA from both Wash DC and Balt with about 32 digital channels none of which carries RTN locally. Two aerial antennas; One VHF and One UHF with a Channel Master 7777 Amp.

Lately, I mostly watch RTN - - - these were the shows I grew up with.

Unfortunatly OTA doesn't work in my area. Too far from the transmitters and mountains in the way. Bummer as I would like to check out the new digital OTA. So I voted for the first one.

I get OTA DTV, but unfortunately, no RTN affiliates in New Orleans yet. Maybe soon though, they keep adding affiliates on a regular basis :)

For now, I have a Winegard Square Shooter on a 1 5/8" mast attached to my motorized dish NPRM. Hoping to get a Channel Master OTA antenna soon :)

This is an old picture, the motorized dish seen here has been replaced with an Azure Shine from 3ABN. I really need to update my dish farm pics...

Attachments

• DSC09337S.jpg
    DSC09337S.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 167
My OTA is limited to "rabbit ears" picking up the local Holland, Mi channel. Pretty small pickens, but good local stuff. I'm constantly reminded that this IS a resort town. Tulips are coming into full bloom. Get out the wooden shoes.
:)

I'm thankful to have my local RTN from WTEN 10.3 affiliate OTA, since they air some programming not found on satellite for me. I look forward to DVB S2 to get some other RTNs.:)

No RTN OTA in my area (yet?). We do have all the alphabet affiliates (ABC, CBS et.) as well as MyNetwork and some religious and Spanish channels on digital OTA. Therefore my FTA system is my only source for RTN.

Yes I do supplement my FTA, but at times I feel it's more like I supplement my DishNetwork for my RTN....??
I get a solid RTN from WSB DT 2.2 OTA (Atlanta, and No Unreliable Resources on them). But best is on the way, I have 2 RTN's on the way. One from Columbus Georgia (WRBL DT 3.?) which should be 25% more solid than WSB, and Augusta Georgia (WJBF DT 6.?) which won't be as stable or reliable for reception, but will definately be available after dark a lot. I also can get Savannah Georgia (WSAV DT 3.2) when Atmospheric Conditions allow?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts