Friday Surprise?

I dont think it will be awhile until we see more HD. I fully expect we will have more by the end of the month.

I dont know how they are going to do it, but I keep hearing from contacts that Dish is looking to pull the rug out from under DirecTV to keep its HD leader claim.

Lets hope they actually do it and dont keep using this Enron Style accounting for the HD channel number accounts.

odd u dont mention which month!!

Why do Dish subscribers think this is acceptable?

If your dish is pointed correctly and there are no obstructions there should be no such thing as a weak transponder.

Honestly, are there any other must have channels for you guys other than USA HD, FX HD, and Sci-Fi HD?

Instead of speculating about how Dish could add 20+ channels by lighting up transponders and moving HD LiLs to six a transponder why not speculate how Dish could make 129 actually consistently watchable for more of their subscribers?

It seems to me you'd all be better served by using the new encoders to keep the LiLs 4 per transponder but switching them down to QPSK and upping the power on the national transponders then adding more HD channels that pixelates every 5 minutes because you're perfectly aligned Dish 1000 only pulls in the transponder you favorite HD channel is on with 25 signal strength on a clear sunny day.
The issues with the 129 sat have been widely discussed on SatGuys. Nothing is going to improve with 129 until the Ciel-2 sat is launched and in place.http://www.space-travel.com/reports/ILS_Proton_To_Launch_Ciel_2_Satellite_To_Serve_North_America_999.html
Launch will probably take place in 2009 now due to the latest launch problems.

The issues with the 129 sat have been widely discussed on SatGuys. Nothing is going to improve with 129 until the Ciel-2 sat is launched and in place.http://www.space-travel.com/reports/ILS_Proton_To_Launch_Ciel_2_Satellite_To_Serve_North_America_999.html
Launch will probably take place in 2009 now due to the latest launch problems.

Luckily I dont use 129, but Dish has got to figure out something with this. I dont pretend to know anything they can do, but what is happening to many customers in unacceptable.

Luckily I dont use 129, but Dish has got to figure out something with this. I dont pretend to know anything they can do, but what is happening to many customers in unacceptable.

They can't fix the satellite, the only thing they can do is move another one to that slot to take it's place, and then only when/if they have one available. There is a fix on the customer side, a second dish for 129 only. Size of the second dish depends on what part of the country you're in. Where I live it takes a 30" dish, I've had one since March and it works great.

NightRyder

After tweaking my dish 1000 to be optimal on 129 (and losing just a bit on 110 and 119 - but not to the point of having any trouble with them) I have zero problems with 129.

Nothing that E* can do until the sat is replaced except to give customers that complain a bigger dish. 129 is a Canadian slot and E* is just using it until the Ciel-2 sat arrives and takes over. E* is leasing a good portion of Ciel-2.

They can't fix the satellite, the only thing they can do is move another one to that slot to take it's place, and then only when/if they have one available. There is a fix on the customer side, a second dish for 129 only. Size of the second dish depends on what part of the country you're in. Where I live it takes a 30" dish, I've had one since March and it works great.

NightRyder

Is Dish being resposnsive to this? I dont think it should be the customer's responsibility to have to worry about Dish size, 2nd dish, etc. Dish should be doing whatever it takes on install visits to fix whoever complains.

In other words, "Hello my channel's keep dropping out"
Dish, "Yes, there is a problem that requires us to make an adjustment. We can send out an installer to make some changes free of charge. When can we schedule you for an appt?"

Get my drift?

Is Dish being resposnsive to this? I dont think it should be the customer's responsibility to have to worry about Dish size, 2nd dish, etc. Dish should be doing whatever it takes on install visits to fix whoever complains.

Dish, "Yes, there is a problem that requires us to make an adjustment. We can send out an installer to make some changes free of charge. When can we schedule you for an appt?"

Get my drift?

I don't know how much hassle it is to get them to install another dish, maybe someone who has dealt with them on this can comment. For me spending the $100 was less painful than dealing with Dish.

NightRyder

Get my drift?

This is what I've been saying from day one, it shouldn't be the customer's responsibility to go out and get a second dish or get a bigger dish. It took awhile before they started installing a second D500 for 129 in the Pacific Northwest. Then they began installing a bigger dish for 129 after people kept complaining but they shouldn't continue to upload anything on that POS.

I haven't had any drop outs on 129 but just to see the signal readings scares me that I'm gonna be watching something and when it rains, poof it's gonna be gone. For now I'm sticking to 61.5.

For the last week, TBS HD has been crystal clear in central Kentucky. The game last night was great.

But I'm praying for rain. Our local grasshoppers are kicking up too much dust when they hop around. Dirt with no water in it is scary...I'm beginning to worry about Tremors...

Regards,
Fitzie

I know this is off topic and im sorry, but Randalla, i couldnt help but notice your avatar. Iron Maiden rules! Cant wait for their tour to hit the states this winter. Saw the last one here in detroit (auburn hills) and i have to say thats the best show i have ever seen. Long time maiden fan! Up the Irons!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts