Friends with Better Lives

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
TV critics tend not to like CBS comedies – even the ones not created by Chuck Lorre – when they first come on the scene, and only occasionally after they become ratings hits (see The Big Bang Theory), so it wasn’t entirely surprising when they lit into Friends With Better Lives during its Q&A at Winter TV Press Tour 2014.

deadline.com

I will set a timer. Given how late in the season it is debuting, I sense they already have cancelled it and are just going to burn off the episodes they already made.

The CBS sitcom schedule was unusually successful this year. There was one clear dud which went early but Mike and Molly was waiting in the wings. This could ahve always been intended for mid season but never got a chance. Or they knew that HIMYM would wind up in March and held something in reserve.

It looks to me that this is the show they hope to replace HIMYM, so it is natural to launch it right after the finale. Run the HIMYM finale a few weeks early, and then hit it hard in that time slot to grab that audience before it goes elsewhere.

It has the reject cast members of like two different shows that didn't make it before ,so putting them all together should guarantee that it will fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts