Fringe: Season 3

Thank goodness for Fox's weak primetime lineup. :) As much as I like this show, some of the episodes (last night for example) have been downright horrible.

I thought it (last night) was quite good, myself. Walternator is an evil SOB.

Normally I haven't cared for the alternate universe episodes. I did enjoy last night's episode. Next episode 4/15 with 4 episodes left.

S~

I've been a little confused ever since Fauxlivia returned. I could have sworn that she was killed/burnt up or something, when she was discovered on our side. But yeah, I like an episode that has a beginning, middle, and end. Not too crazy about the soap opera format.

I've been a little confused ever since Fauxlivia returned. I could have sworn that she was killed/burnt up or something

That was alternate Broyles when he saved OUR Olivia.

Last edited:
dahenny said:
I've been a little confused ever since Fauxlivia returned. I could have sworn that she was killed/burnt up or something, when she was discovered on our side. But yeah, I like an episode that has a beginning, middle, and end. Not too crazy about the soap opera format.

Just my two cents:

Serialized drama does not equal a soap opera format. There's nothing inherently wrong with self contained episodes, but this show is not a simple procedural cop show. It has elements of that, but the characters and their development over time are much more important to this show than a typical procedural. That's means that the show needs to offer more than "the case of the week" format. It needs to have larger drawn out plot points that fit into the season's overarching storyline.

Whether or not the other world storyline merits that position for this season is debatable; but regardless of one's opinion about that, individual self-contained stories wouldn't be enough for this show.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I guess it's a matter of preference. This show is so complex, that if you miss 5 minutes of one episode, you're lost. TG for the DVR. I understand that the soap/whatever format keeps ppl coming back next week; I get it. I quit watching House for that very reason; too damn much like General Hospital. Two more cents. :)

I just figured out that I missed an entire episode! I've been putting Fringe on dvds, but I missed the Mar11 show, episode 316 "Os">anybody have it that could burn me a copy?? I don't have reliable enough internet to DL off hulu or whatever.
PM me if you can help, I have all the other shows since the series started, and I doubt they'll re-air the only one I don't have, lol.

I love the parallel universe stories. I think it is cool to have an ongoing story arc that can exist even in the background, while they do more mundane episodes about the creepy monster of the week . The parallel universe is the end game and Peter is the key; possibly Oliva too. It isn't going anywhere. If you want strictly freaky creep of the week, then X-Files is more you speed , but even that show had an ongoing story arc about Aliens coming to invade the planet. Continued on in the movie versions as well.

If you want strictly freaky creep of the week, then X-Files is more you speed , but even that show had an ongoing story arc about Aliens coming to invade the planet. Continued on in the movie versions as well.

First movie, yes. Second, no, sadly.

I don't dislike the alt universe stories, just wish some of them were better written. Writing/stories in general have been weak this year. The only one that really stood out for me was the one with the old lady widow who's husband from the other side kept crossing over.

Last edited:
First movie, yes. Second, no, sadly.

I don't dislike the alt universe stories, just wish some of them were better written. Writing/stories in general have been weak this year. The only one that really stood out for me was the one with the old lady widow who's husband from the other side kept crossing over.

Fair enough. I guess I like them because I grew up reading DC comics about earth 1( superman , batman,wonder woman from 1960s ) & earth 2( superman ,batman ,wonder woman from the 1940s) . Later they added earth PRIME ,which was our earth where all superheros were only in comics. The coolest series that I read last was in 1986 where they wrote a mini-series called the Crisis on Infinite Earths. They changed all superhero history and did away with the multi-verse of existing parallel earths and created one universe with one history for all superheroes. Effectively restarting the history of every known hero and restarting the franchise so to speak.

Well, last night's ep was certainly unique. Problem is, I'm not really sure if I liked it or not. However, Broyles was hysterical. Think it needs a re-watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)