Fringe: Season 4

11 May 2012: Brave New World, Part 2 (9:00 PM ET)

Well, here it is the Big Seaso Finale (thank goodness we have thirteen more episode in the fall):

"The team is pushed to its breaking point as it tries to stop a catastrophic event from happening."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: Fringe (2008) - Episodes - IMDb

:popcorn

[MARQ]Don't Miss the Season Finale!!![/MARQ]

Teehar said:
Nice.It truly is a good show,although it gets a little hard to figure out how some of these characters keep coming back.

Bell died in Peter's original world and the other side. We never saw or heard of him dying in the "Peterless" timeline so this is not so much him coming back as the first time introduction of this universe's version on this character.

Bell died in Peter's original world and the other side. We never saw or heard of him dying in the "Peterless" timeline so this is not so much him coming back as the first time introduction of this universe's version on this character.

Glad someone figured that out.:confused::D

I thought there were only 2 sides the original universe and the alt-verse.Thought peter came back to the original but no one remembered him?

Teehar said:

I thought there were only 2 sides the original universe and the alt-verse.Thought peter came back to the original but no one remembered him?

It's unclear if it's the same universe or not. Indications seem to be that yes it is, but we don't know for sure. But, even if it's the same one, the lack of Peter changed the world. So it's possible that it changed Walter such that Belly made different decisions than he did originally. (never crossing over to the other side to play spy, never end up with unstable molecules from too many crossings, etc.) meaning that he can still be alive in the new universe.

It's unclear if it's the same universe or not. Indications seem to be that yes it is, but we don't know for sure. But, even if it's the same one, the lack of Peter changed the world. So it's possible that it changed Walter such that Belly made different decisions than he did originally. (never crossing over to the other side to play spy, never end up with unstable molecules from too many crossings, etc.) meaning that he can still be alive in the new universe.

Yea kind of like 3 Broyles.

You are right ,except when you change one thing-like making everyone forget Peter, you could change everything -like Bell's death or fake death.

no kidding!There's no wonder the ratings fell off because of such hard to follow story lines.Even if you follow each and every episode you could still get (Lost) pun intended.:D

no kidding!There's no wonder the ratings fell off because of such hard to follow story lines.Even if you follow each and every episode you could still get (Lost) pun intended.:D

No kidding... When they went to the whole alt timeline/universe is when the show went off the deep end. It went from a simple monster of the week with some over arching stories to weird episodes of Lost where you had to have watch every prior episode in detail to keep up with a bizarre twisting story line, half the audience gave up.

They could have easily kept the alt universe plot going in the background with the monster of the week. But, shifting the focus of the show to the timeline got rid of the audience.

Love the show, just not sure if I am following everything that happened in this episode. Anyway, "They're coming" so we had better get ready. I can only assume the Observers are coming en masse to take over both universes. Just a few things I noted about this episode:0

• Cortexiphan sure heals massive brain injury quickly - bullets included.
  • Agent Farnsworth was up and about pretty quickly (within hours) after being shot in the chest and almost killed.
  • Not quite sure what's going on with William Bell these days - he sure needs help with that God complex.
  • Walter: Excuse me miss, is that lemon jello?
  • Nurse: These are urine samples.
  • Walter: Oh, in that case no thank you.

Based on the show from two weeks ago, I can only assume the Observers are coming to take over both universes.

That's why I put the question in quotation marks. I have a bad feeling that all of the timelines still have Olivia dying & Bell still has more bad things in store for her. I'm sure that Walter wasn't talking about tonight's episode when he said to Astrid 2 weeks ago,"after what 'Belly' did to Olivia?"

Obviously the Watchers are coming. IN the episode a few weeks back , you saw the future in 2036 and Oliva and Peter's daughter is trying to fight the watchers. They take over the world in 2015. So that leaves us 13 episodes to wrap up the entire story line next season. I felt kind of like this episode was an ending for the two universe stories and new beginning with everything ending nicely and Peter and Oliva with a baby on the way. They seemed to write the last scene in if they wanted to continue the show for another season. Now everyone knows why the dual universe story was so prominently featured in the continuing story arc. William Bell has been manipulating things from the beginning . But what I found completely ironic was if William Bell can invent a way to collapse two universes to create a new third, why couldn't he cure his own damn cancer? Seems like creating a new universe would be a lot harder to complete than a cure for cancer.

I agree with you Mike,they could have had a great ending with last nights episode.Thought it was a solid episode.Now 13 episodes to stop the observers and possibly find out where Bell is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)