Fringe: Season 4

I just made the assumption that the observers had taken over the city and using advanced future tech they did not worry about power consumption, no use turning off power anywhere.

Why would the observers pick 2015 to move to? They could have picked other times, I guess the cities were just far enough advanced to be useful.

It is just of course a TV show, logic and scientific explanations have never been Fringe's strong suit...

I just made the assumption that the observers had taken over the city and using advanced future tech they did not worry about power consumption, no use turning off power anywhere.

Why would the observers pick 2015 to move to? They could have picked other times, I guess the cities were just far enough advanced to be useful.

It is just of course a TV show, logic and scientific explanations have never been Fringe's strong suit...

All good questions, but suddenly I have a hankerin' for red liquorice. Thinking about this show too long can cause brain damage. ;)

I'm not sure Friday's episode added anything. Ending felt rushed.

S~

Yeah, I'm not sure what the writers are doing. After the story advanced at a snails pace for the past few seasons, it's as though they are trying to wrap-up everything they should have addressed over the past three seasons. Eh, at least they're trying and I appreciate the effort - I suppose.

Well you know now that the watchers take over the world in 2015. We know that Peter and Oliva have a daughter together and in the future she works for the Fringe team too. But of course we also know that this can all be changed by a new story changing the whole thing. If they cancel the show this year, they need to have the ending all tied up so we can end with full closure for everyone. If they get renewed , we know where the story line is headed ,as the entire future is already laid out for us.

Kewl!!!

Fringe gets 5th season! 13 episodes to wrap the series up.

PHP:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/fringe/fringe-will-return-for-a-fifth-and-final-chapter/10150778173629271

Kewl!!!

Fringe gets 5th season! 13 episodes to wrap the series up.

PHP:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/fringe/fringe-will-return-for-a-fifth-and-final-chapter/10150778173629271

That's good news on the half-season order by Fox! Of course, you rarely witness a show with 3M viewers being renewed for a 5th season, but at least they'll make it to the 100-episode mark so the show will probably show in syndication on FX. Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised by this news. :)

That is great news! I only hope that they tie up all the parallel universe/watcher story lines in a neat bow in the next season. Thirteen episodes should be enough to do it.

4 May 2012: Brave New World, Part 1 (9:00 PM ET)

"Walter is forced to revisit his painful past when a fringe event causes people to spontaneously combust; the team faces off with David Robert Jones."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: IMDb - "Fringe" Brave New World: Part 1 (TV episode 2012)

Gotta love a show involving human spontaneous combustion. Hopefully David Rober Jones will be one of the victims. :)

I'm going to miss them visiting the alternate universe.it was just starting to grow on me.

Did you hear they were renewed for another one-half (thirteen episode) season near year? They'll be able to get 100 episodes out of the show so it can go into syndication. Anyway, I hope they do some "great" writing over the summer because they're not goning to have a lot of money in the budget with less than 3M viewers each week.

Did you hear they were renewed for another one-half (thirteen episode) season near year? They'll be able to get 100 episodes out of the show so it can go into syndication. Anyway, I hope they do some "great" writing over the summer because they're not goning to have a lot of money in the budget with less than 3M viewers each week.
Yes but they have terminated the portal between the two worlds.

They can always turn the machine back on, plus Olivia just needs to think really hard to go back and forth at will... Not to mention there is the portable device that the bad guy uses to move around himself.

I suspect the end of the series will be working on the Observer's takeover, trying to prevent or prepare for it.

They can always turn the machine back on, plus Olivia just needs to think really hard to go back and forth at will... Not to mention there is the portable device that the bad guy uses to move around himself.

I suspect the end of the series will be working on the Observer's takeover, trying to prevent or prepare for it.

I suspect the same thing.

OF course in the Crisis on Infinite Earths in Dc comics back in the 80s (similar plot -multiple universe earths ) the last two earths in the universe merged and all the people on both earths were integrated into one earth with a new background history. The super heroes on the last two earths left traveled back to the beginning of the universe and destroyed the Anti-monitor, who was trying to destroy all the multiple earths in the multi-verse. The super heroes that were left in from the beginning of the universe time ,remembered their back grounds before the change and the rest of the heroes left in the new integrated earth ,didn't remember their lives or history before the integration took place.

So they could integrate the two worlds in "Fringe" and the remaining characters could be all included on one earth with a common history. One Oliva with both the hot hair color and fiery personality ,but with the other's sensitivity and love for Peter. The two Walters could be integrated with both genius like nutty Walter ,but with sanity, confidence, etc. , like the other earth's Walter. One world with both high technology like the other earth, but not dieing or being destroyed from the "fringe" occurrences.

So if they wanted to they could some how cause the integration to occur using the machine,without destroying the worlds by synching the two earths to a common vibration pattern , like Walter alluded to in last night's episode. I'm betting that some how this will be part of stopping the Watchers take over of the worlds. In the end you end up with one world , with a common set of characters representative of the best of both worlds with no memory of how the world was before the integration , the watchers destroyed or they never existed because of Walter's use of the machine with Peter . Basically the entire show never happened the way we saw it ,because time was changed, along with the multi-verse being changed to one universe.

Now lets see if they steal this ending of the show , just like they stole my ending for Battle Star Galactica. I wrote the ending for that show a year before it ended and they took it almost word for word the way I wrote it. So next year at this time lets see if they took my Fringe ending too.;)

Last edited:
I just hope they don't screw the ending up like Abrams did Lost!13 episodes almost a year to think it through should be reasonable enough to get a proper ending.

I just hope they don't screw the ending up like Abrams did Lost!13 episodes almost a year to think it through should be reasonable enough to get a proper ending.

As soon they're doine with this season (end of May) they'll basically have the summer to outline the final half-season and come up with probably a half-dozen or so scripts since they'll begin filming sometime in August. I imagine Fox will want to broadcast all 13-episodes and wrap-up Fringe before X-mas. Anyway, that's the way I see it. :) I thin Fox wants this show wrapped-up as soon as possible so they can move it over to FX in syndication.

As soon they're doine with this season (end of May) they'll basically have the summer to outline the final half-season and come up with probably a half-dozen or so scripts since they'll begin filming sometime in August. I imagine Fox will want to broadcast all 13-episodes and wrap-up Fringe before X-mas. Anyway, that's the way I see it. :) I thin Fox wants this show wrapped-up as soon as possible so they can move it over to FX in syndication.

I hope your right but with Fox still doing the baseball playoffs and world series it will be very hard to get 13 episodes in by christmas,plus the thanksgiving holiday.That's why I assumed a Feb-May deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)