Fringe: Season 4

Looks like Lincoln may soon have a new home to go to . I am betting that he moves to the other earth to take the place of Capt. Lincoln. Especially since Oliva (dishwater blond) doesn't remember there relationship or history. The other Oliva(red head) would welcome another Lincoln since she just lost hers, and this Lincoln did have feelings for the bland Oliva. I do feel like they are trying to wrap up the show. The Bridge is stabilizing the other earth and they are re-opening the areas where Fringe events took place. They just need to tie up the watchers from the future and why they are watching both earths etc.

Looks like Lincoln may soon have a new home to go to . I am betting that he moves to the other earth to take the place of Capt. Lincoln. Especially since Oliva (dishwater blond) doesn't remember there relationship or history. The other Oliva(red head) would welcome another Lincoln since she just lost hers, and this Lincoln did have feelings for the bland Oliva. I do feel like they are trying to wrap up the show. The Bridge is stabilizing the other earth and they are re-opening the areas where Fringe events took place. They just need to tie up the watchers from the future and why they are watching both earths etc.

I agree. I think Lincoln and the sultry version of Olivia are going to going to fall in love. After all, I hear she likes playing with Lincoln's Log. :facepalm

Anyway, it should be interesting to see how they wrap-up this series. I'm hoping for a Happy Ending...although watching both universes implode would be enjoyable too.

AFAIK, they (Observers) have been in dozens of episodes since the series began (in the background).

AFAIK, they (Observers) have been in dozens of episodes since the series began (in the background).

I agree..but they're always obviously placed and/or having discussions about the happenings. However, I didn't know they were placed in the background of numerous crime scenes - barely noticable. I ran through some old recordings and saw observers in the distant background of several events. They're just mingling in with the crowd of onlookers just watching the events unfold. The figures are so small, and out of the way, they are hard to spot. Go figure! I'm beginning to think they (bald actors wearing trench coats and hats) are in just about every episode...I just haven't noticed them before.

Good episode last night...never would have suspected
Broyles as being the mole. Of course, I loved how Walter mentioned he was well aware of what some people would do for the love of a child.

Anyway, the trailer for next week's show looked completely different. Things are coming to a head very quickly as there are only four (4) more episodes left in this series:

Letters of Transit (April 20, 2012)
Worlds Apart (April 27, 2012)
Endgame: Part 1 (May 4, 2012)
Endgame: Part 2 (May 11, 2012)

It still feels to me like the writers are just throwing darts. They at least need to throw us a bone. Next week strikes me as a diversion episode.

Next week concerns the watchers and how they take over the world in 2036, if I remember the preview right. Isn't that what y'all have been wanting to see? The ultimate reason the watchers are "watching " the two universes in the first place. I can't wait myself. My local ota Fox station isn't even showing next Friday's lineup because of local college basketball. Luckily I have the Houston Fox station , I "moved" for.

Excellent episode! I new that had to be their daughter shortly after the show began. Of course, now that we've jumped ahead 24-years we're now coming back to 2012 next week. Anyway, I sure hope more than 2.9M tuned-in to the show this week.

Wondering if I missed an episode or was maybe sleeping when Peter and Olivia had a daughter?????? Granted that I'm getting up in years, but I absolutely do not remember that or even the Fringe team being encapsulated in amber. Am I nuts or what???

Wondering if I missed an episode or was maybe sleeping when Peter and Olivia had a daughter?????? Granted that I'm getting up in years, but I absolutely do not remember that or even the Fringe team being encapsulated in amber. Am I nuts or what???

There was a scrolling message at the beginning of the episode. It happened sometime around 2015-2016.

I assume we are going to see the battle to prevent this future.

There was a scrolling message at the beginning of the episode. It happened sometime around 2015-2016.

I assume we are going to see the battle to prevent this future.

Yes, I saw that, but still don't know where their having a daughter came from. Did the scroll mention the team being captured it the amber?

Yes, I saw that, but still don't know where their having a daughter came from. Did the scroll mention the team being captured it the amber?

The episode took place in 2036. Walter and the team encased themselves in 3rd generation amber to avoid capture. The Fringe division was charged with policing the activites of the locals under the direction of the Observers, now Slavemasters. The female agent (we later learn her real identity) is teamed with some covert rebels who are on a mission to fine Walter and the team, and free them from their amber slumber. She avoids detection by the Slavemasters becase she can apparently has the ability to mast her thoughts. Walter was located and freed first, however since he suffered some brain damage (and his behavior was even more childlike) the agents has to repair his brain using the missing pieces that were being stored at the now defunct Massive Dynamics. Why someone would be paying the electric bills on an abandoned building is beyond me. Anyway, the episode conclude with Peter (who obviously did not age) with is fully grown daughter whom he did not recognize at first. We never saw Olivia.

Well, we're back to 2012 or perhaps 2015/6 next week.

I said the same thing about the electricity being on in an abandoned former World Dynamics building. What I don't get is this point: How do the watchers go back in time from 2609 to the past, change the events of the original time line , become the masters of the world, and this doesn't effect the very future they came from? Wouldn't that cause them to change their very existence in the future?

I mean every time travel movie I've ever seen says: if you change one thing in the past, say step on a butterfly in the prehistoric time period , could change the future or present. There was a time travel movie just like that a few years back where they time traveled for pleasure cruises to the prehistoric time and someone stepped on a butterfly and when they went back to the present, they took back the bacteria & diseases of the past to the future and it changed every thing , Even the very existence of man himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts