Fringe: Season 4

I watched it, first episode I've watched since season 1. A lot of confusing stuff naturally but nothing that made me want to go back and catch up or continue to watch the final episodes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Well I knew they were in the same universe . The only thing different was that Peter was erased from their memories. I hope that they are trying to wrap it up and they give us some closure. But I am doubting that they will do that. I am imaging that they would only do that if they had been told that they were being cancelled. By the time they tell the show that , they will already be done filming for the season. What they should do is film two different season finales; one where they wrap it all up and one where they keep it going. That way they can hedge their bets either way. I know when they used to film Dallas cliff hangers they would film alternative endings for who shot Jr. , so none of the actors would know who they were going with as the murderer.

Well I knew they were in the same universe . The only thing different was that Peter was erased from their memories. I hope that they are trying to wrap it up and they give us some closure. But I am doubting that they will do that. I am imaging that they would only do that if they had been told that they were being cancelled. By the time they tell the show that , they will already be done filming for the season. What they should do is film two different season finales; one where they wrap it all up and one where they keep it going. That way they can hedge their bets either way. I know when they used to film Dallas cliff hangers they would film alternative endings for who shot Jr. , so none of the actors would know who they were going with as the murderer.

Yep, except 30M viewers were tuning into watch Dallas. I doubt that FOX will waste much time or money filing alternate ending for the 3M people turning in each week.

Good review on this episode: "Fringe" A Short Story About Love (2012) Reviews & Ratings - IMDb - offhand, I agree that it was good balance between "monster of the week" and "bigger picture" plot of the universes, observers, etc.

It's too bad everyone has bailed on this series because the last episode was a keeper. On a positive note, it looks like we'll be treated to another seven (7) episodes before the show is cancelled in our universe. Hopefully we'll see the 87 recorded epsides on FX in the near future.

They bailed because the writers' slump was too long.

I really like this show, but I can understand why most people lost their patients waiting for the writers to tie the story together, interesting, and moving forward in some direction. The only difference between Fringe and Alcatraz (to me) is that I really like the Fringe characters, while I am indifferent toward the cast of Alcatraz. Regardless, I also see why some folks feel there is "something missing" and turn-out. Of course, why they would opt to watch American Idol, Dancing with the Stars or The Voice will forever remain a mystery. :)

I think the reason why it has dropped in ratings is because of the long time between showing new episodes. Why wait a month before continuing? This kills many shows when they go on hiatus for so long . People move on very quickly and go to the latest new thing; The Voice, etc. Besides they have spent to many episodes not tying the story together fast enough. We figures out where they were going before the break, but most people want it spoon fed to them so it is easy to comprehend. Unfortunately Fringe makes some people think too hard . Too much work , so they move to something more easier to get ,wrapped up in a 60 minute episode.

6 April 2012: Everything in Its Right Place (9:00 PM ET)

"On the other side, Lincoln joins forces with his alternate and Olivia as they look for a vigilante with a connection to the shapeshifters."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at the IMDb.com: IMDb - "Fringe" Episode #4.17 (TV episode 2012)

Well, it looks like they're going back to the "other side" which hasn't been mentioned in the past few weeks.

Interesting episode. Hey, has anyone noticed there are observers watching in the far distance in a number of street scenes? They don't talk, and you certainly don't catch more than brief glimpse of them way in the distance, but they are there....observing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts