from analog stuff to digital... but...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zappymax

Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
east of mexico city....
Hello , "guys" :)
just arriving here.....
I have a kind of necessity here... let me explain...

1) I live in mexico for decades now, and progressively my good old c-band (a relatively huge one) entered in "recession" ... all excellent stuff available before digitalization disappeared, (progress. !!....???), i was able even to see directly the unfortunate events of 9/11 here, think was on a local NewYork channel i discovered, between many feeds... and as you certainly know Cspan 1,2, (later 3 appeared but I never found it), but more interesting Classic Arts Showcase or PBS also went out of my "arc"... and those channels are NOT available on any sat provider around, (the local SKY provider is probably not interested if no ads are presented there...)

Then, my question to all (if you could help i would appreciate.....) is

2) i donno what kind of equipment (not common here in mexico...) could be useful, a Skyvision dealer offered by www the following...
------For the LNB I would recommend our Norsat model 8515
> For the receiver I would recommend the brand new Manhattan RS-1933.

do you agree ?

3) if someone with more experience could confirm if those could be used here ??? other equipment ormaterial ? i just need the simplest receiver that could receive the sats available now (if they are many as i suppose...) or should simply align the dish following the new arc, but preferably with automatized functions for movement of the dish , if those are necessary to align on many sats, and so.
4) any used/refurbished similar stuff available ?
5) i could travel to San Antonio next month, (march ) so does someone know in San Antonio a provider of new or used receivers to adapt at such c dish, including the LNB ?
6) with this receiver, could I use a smaller resin or light dish like the ones used by sat providers, abt. 2 feeds wide or similar, or even a slightly bigger one ?
7) where could i find a relation of sats available ( with a description of programs or frequencies, like in the "old" Orbit catalog i used years ago.. )

Thanks for considering, and any answer welcome...

i could post one of my web address, to receive direct info, but i suppose it's not authorized on this or any blog/forum, so i'll wait for "callbacks" here (even texan quarterbacks gladly allowed to call.. :) )

I would go with an Openbox S9 or S10 if you are on a budget. They are around 100$. I get TONS of channels with the openbox and if you have a large dish you should be able to get a lot of channels. Satmex 116 has a lot. I am not sure what type of programming you are looking for but there is plenty. You can use your old receiver as a positioner and just feed the coaxial cable into the openbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)