Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Any reason Front Page News isn't listed as one of the forums under Hometown Discussions? To get there, you either just need to know already, or thru an occassionally posted link.

Yessss? Doesn't give you the same as clicking

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hidden because posting access is limited to staff. At least that is what I have always assumed. :)

But if you just click into the title of an entry, you can view it like a forum as LER pointed out.

I assumed so too, but just now got the bright idea to try it out. My stupid test post is now on the homepage. This is either by design - a great feature for the occasional hot item one of us might be the first to know of, or a security hole. I'll let the admins decide which, I reported myself.

It is somewhat restricted though, I don't have the option of deleting it! :D

I assumed so too, but just now got the bright idea to try it out. My stupid test post is now on the homepage. This is either by design - a great feature for the occasional hot item one of us might be the first to know of, or a security hole. I'll let the admins decide which, I reported myself.

Probably due to some of your account permissions, I checked with my account and it looks like I can too (I am not going to), I checked with another account and it says: "you do not have permission to access this page".

It can be annoying when you can't delete or rename a thread, but Scott has good reasons for that setting :)

Last edited:

It was a mistake. You can't anymore :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)